Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,so here it is mods are done,but need advice on carb tuning before i run the motor,blow are the mods i have performed to a stock 2006 polaris fusion 600 ho

mods[/color=red]

-installed vforce 3 reeds to motor
-installed epi performance wieghts and springs as well as secondary spring to clutch
-installed race can(mbrp)
-gutted air box,and installed slp max flow air horn vent kit
-ceramic coated y-pipe and primary exhaust pipe
-installed 144 woodys studs to stock track
-installed right and left slp hot air elimination vent kit to belly pan
-installed electric start kit with battery
-installed led lighing kit(belly pan and shock towers
-installed set of powermadd handgaurds
-installed low racing chrome windshield

NOW THEN-with all these changes to air input from reeds and gutted airbox,as well as back pressure from mbrp can installed,my questions are..

1-what size main jet on my mikuni carbs should i be running when 420 mains are stock?
2-do i need to change the fuel mixture settings from stock 1-3/4 turns out?
3-what setting does the e clip need to be on?
4-do i need to change my pilot jet size?
5-how about air jet size?

Sure could use help with this as i dont want to lean out motor from all the extra air input...thx in advance

·
Registered
584 Posts
Im sure the low windshield has a big effect... just kidding nice sled btw. Gotta love fusions well atleast i know i love mine

·
Registered
134 Posts
me to i see that we both have crome windsheilds...i am not alowed to put any profomance mods because i beak everything...sorry but i like ur sled

·
Registered
283 Posts
slothman1 said:
Ok,so here it is mods are done,but need advice on carb tuning before i run the motor,blow are the mods i have performed to a stock 2006 polaris fusion 600 ho

mods[/color=red]

-installed epi performance wieghts and springs as well as secondary spring to clutch

NOW THEN-with all these changes to air input from reeds and gutted airbox,as well as back pressure from mbrp can installed,my questions are..

1-what size main jet on my mikuni carbs should i be running when 420 mains are stock?

Sure could use help with this as i dont want to lean out motor from all the extra air input...thx in advance

i use 430 mains,needle same,fuel 1.5 turn,and 35 pilots.all good--i run at sea level and mostly temps 0- -12.run her fews times and check plugs and go from that,put at least 40 pilots in.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
polaris37 said:
slothman1 said:

mods[/color=red]

i use 430 mains,needle same,fuel 1.5 turn,and 35 pilots.all good--i run at sea level and mostly temps 0- -12.run her fews times and check plugs and go from that,put at least 40 pilots in.

Thanks,just curious about 2 things,430 mains seem pretty big,because they say the stock 420 was very rich,and you say you have a gutted airbox...what is exactly removed? foam or all insides...and what is the push arm you are referring to?

·
Registered
283 Posts
slothman1 said:
polaris37 said:
slothman1 said:

mods[/color=red]

Thanks,just curious about 2 things,430 mains seem pretty big,because they say the stock 420 was very rich,and you say you have a gutted airbox...what is exactly removed? foam or all insides...and what is the push arm you are referring to?

i had light plugs so in went 430,everything in box gone and i have slp air horn.also push arm is slp,mounts on bulkhead to recoil housing--acts as another torque stop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts