Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a 1.0 inch Camoplast 9855 Finger Track on my 99 XC 700-ridden aggressivley on hard packed Michigan trails. Can & should I put studs in & how many? Any clearance issues with rubbing of tunnel protectors against track because of fingers going across where space was molded into the OEM one? Any feedback on this will be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Yes you can put studs in that track, and as to whether you should or not is up to you. If you do, I would personally shoot for between 144 and 192 studs. If you ride super hard, I would opt for 192, or you could go with 144 down the center of the track. I've got 144 in my 600 and havent seen any problems yet. When and if you buy studs, look for the larger 1 inch head size and the 5/16" shank. These larger sizes are made to help support the stud in the larger lugged tracks. When purchasing studs, shoot for 1/4" to 3/8" penetration. If you buy too long of a stud it will just wear on your track prematurely, and it wont necessarily help with the traction. I dont believe that you will see any clearance issues with the track clearance against the tunnel protectors. I would imagine that you are only going up in lug height by a very small amount. If i remember correctly your sled came with a 0.91" track, so in reality you are only going to increase your lug height by .09" Which brings me to the reason you want to install this other track? If the original track has called it quits i understand, but if there is nothing wrong with it you may want to think before dropping a large wad of cash on a track that will only get you less than one tenth of an inch gain in lug height. May be better off just putting studs in the original track. Hope this helps, a little

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Triumph makes some good points you should have plenty of clearance for an 1.25" track or even an 1.375" and they make studs that work with both. This would help hook up on hard pack a bunch. you may need to consider gearing if you go up that much, just my $.02

1 - 3 of 3 Posts