Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it started out like this: a 1985 Toyota xtra-cab pickup that had been rolled by my cousin and sat in my uncles yard for two years. Im the third owner and Have records of every single maintenance from the day it was bought. It also has a rebuilt engine with about 20,000 miles on it and 90,000 total.
[attachment=57576] [attachment=57577]

With the help of my uncle we took the cab off with his frontend and put on this one from an 86.
[attachment=57578]

I heard about this neat painting technique that involves rolling on rustoleum in stages and it was pretty cheap and looked good so I went ahead and did it. I think it turned out pretty good.
[attachment=57579] [attachment=57580]

I moved the interior over from the 85 and put down new carpet. I think it all looks pretty good. As far as the stereo goes it has 2 pioneer 4inch midranges upfront and two 6inch 3ways in the back. Plus an old pioneer deck from 1996. Its plenty good enough for me.
[attachment=57581]

I got some mag wheels off of the 86 parts truck but since 86 was IFS and 85 had a solid front axle the backspacing was off and it didnt clear the tierods. I ordered up some 1.25inch wheelspacers from an offroad supplier and they worked pretty good. I got BFG Commercial T/A's that I studded myself. They are 225/75R15.
[attachment=57582]

Ive been working on this thing since last may and I just finished it last wednesday. So what do ya guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Congrats, takes some patience. Lets see some pics in the light though.

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
Looks like it turned out pretty good. I'd say some hard work and determination payed off quite well...

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Looks good, 85 was the lastyear of the SFA Toyota also, somebody will pay big money for that truck if you keep it nice. I learned to drive a stick in our old 86 Yota 4x4.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
The bed seems to be in one piece, good find! My father had a 1980 Yota lifted it 4 inches and threw 35's on her, needless to say she didn't get stuck too often, except for that time it was upside down [:D] I wish I had a scanner so I could post those pictures up haha!

·
Registered
79 Posts
that looks great,im interested in the rolling of rustoleum thing.how do you do it?????does it look as good in the daylight????

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's where I learned about the rustoleum painting. If you can read the whole thing. It's really informative. I'd take some pictures of my truck right now but its really dirty and there's no point in washing because of our local weather right now.
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2331682&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts