Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just finished shining up the pipe on my xc. I think it looks good, here are the before and after pics... Sorry they arent the best quality just from my cell phone...
Before:
[attachment=46287]
After:
[attachment=49469]
For all you who want to know how, it was very simple. I just used "MOTHERS" aluminum polish. I got a cloth, put a bit onto the cloth and worked the wax in, until a dark grime came out. Then i buffed it out using another clean cloth. I repeated that a few times to get it where i wanted it. Took about an hour, including the belt guard.

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Looks good mang[8D]

·
Registered
237 Posts
looks good [Dude]

·
Registered
963 Posts
looks nice and shiny you must of put some elbow grease into that.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
GF polishes my . . . Oops, wrong place.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
wow thats nice

·
Registered
901 Posts
Originally posted by saberstang
[br]sand blast the steel pipe and throw some high temp black on and you got yourself a nice looking pipe.
it looks good now but would look even better with a black pipe

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thats freaking nice. I may have to give it a try.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I recomend this to everyone, since it is so easy. I love the fact on how you can directly see the results. I worked in lines, across the pipe in section of like 5 inches... You could see how the line that i polished is bright and shiny compared to where i havnt, which was still dull. I have also done the chain case cover, which looks good also.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yeah, you should really sandblast the pipe itself and paint it with high temp paint. aside from looking good, it will extend the life of the pipe a bit.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so about how much is sandblasting a pipe? Also does that high temp paint really hold up? My friend did it on his xr dirtbike, and it didnt turn out so well.... then again, it wasn't sandblasted...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Nice job and it looks good.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
looks good. but as customized said take of the guard and sand the pipe down and spray with high heat paint. i didnt sand blast my pipe i just sanded it with a drill then painted it a charcoal color. i think baking the paint really helps ive heard of people puttign the pipe and can in the oven but i dont feel like trying that 1 btu its an idea for you. and also if you paint the piep and can also do the y pipe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts