Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just made reservations for two rooms at Whispering Pines Motel

http://www.WhisperingPinesMotel.com or 218-226-4712

I talked to Robert. He's a real friendly guy. He said if we get enough people there in our group to take over the place we will get discounts on rooms. I got my rooms for the night of Thursday the 26th through the morning of Monday the 30th. About $63 a night per room which isn't bad.

Let me know where everyone is staying. Again, myself and the rest of my crew plan on leaving here on Thursday morning...arriving there late afternoon Thursday, unpacking things then and begin riding Friday.

Ohhhhh yea!! I'm excited. Can't wait!

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Yeah I am getting pumped!

I will be at the whispering pines also. We may have to get another room because my friends girlfriends may be coming? WTF I told them to leave the women at home but they are whipped. The women don't even ride, they will just sit in the motel and drink most likely.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang women. It sounds like me and 4 to 5 others will be joining in. Sounded like they have a good foot and a half of new snow there already. Robert said we are in for a treat being none of us in my group have ever ridden in that neck of the woods before.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I reserved a room at Whispering Pines also... got #102. I can't wait to get away for the weekend. No wife, no kids... just me and the sled... That's what I call QUALITY TIME! [:D]

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Whipser here!!! no wife or kids here either! Room #3! Sounds like they are getting nailed up there as we speak! I will hopefully be there by say 8 on friday morning!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
We got a foot here in the Duluth area with another 6-12 inches expected for today. You can double that for the north shore/finland area [:)]

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Pigboy that brings a smile to my face!!!!! I might have to try and make it up there once before the big fourm ride!!! And Eric you are in for a great treat, I have rode trails there but am really looking forward to being shown some powerlines, and off trail play areas!!!

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
That snow will be nice to cover all the stumps, rocks, and other crap to hit off-trail and on the powerlines. And make the ditches a blast! They should be able to groom this very nicely up there. And we still have a month to go!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jeez this all sounds like something out of a dream.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Thats why I ride mainly in that area most of the time. Not too many times have I been let down up there. Going up Tues. to play for a couple of days. Will let you all know how it is when I get back. Just got back from playing around the Duluth area. The Willard munger needs more snow. Scrapeing the carbides alot. The Hermantown trail is rideable. Not panned or groomed yet, hopefully soon. 14 inches of fresh gold in the area now. Bring it on some more!!!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Pigboy, The Hermantown trail is open from the Arrowhead rd. up to Fish lake. Some IDIOTS still ride it into Proctor, then they wonder why they can,t keep it open. Rumor has it that property has been bought for a permanent route for next year. Lets hope so.

·
Registered
459 Posts
There is 4 of us staying in the cabin behind the Stoney River Cafe. We will ride down to Finland to meet up with the group on Saturday morning. What time are people meeting, and is it at The Four Season in Finland?

I would agree greasemonkey, the area is GREAT the people are nice. . . well most of them. :) We do 75% of our riding there, at least 5 times a year. This will be our 9th year of riding Finland/Isabella. Wow, how time flies!

We are going up on Thursday night the 26th and staying until Sunday.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I am staying in ripperds room for the day and drink with young girls!!!!! no need to buy expensive gas. plus I got a new book on "things" to do!!!!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
and madcow steps up to take one for the team... what a trooper!

pssst... can I help? [:p]

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I hope I can get up there to meet you guy's.Just waiting on time off from work. It really would be a great time! Beautiful country and awesome trails!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
they are close to 30 inches of snow right now

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by madcow
[br]I am staying in ripperds room for the day and drink with young girls!!!!! no need to buy expensive gas. plus I got a new book on "things" to do!!!!
Lol. Danger ranger!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts