Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles or what kind of riding does everyone want to do? We need to figure this out so we can get some sort of ride made up.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I personally think this may need to be broke down into a couple of groups. Those that want high mile trail rides and those that want to find the off trail play areas... I am personally interested in finding more of the powerlines I rode this past winter...

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by Darkstar
[br]I personally think this may need to be broke down into a couple of groups. Those that want high mile trail rides and those that want to find the off trail play areas... I am personally interested in finding more of the powerlines I rode this past winter...
Agree'd. 70 miles per day doesn't sound too shabby to me. 2 fill-ups if we do off-trail, it takes a fair bit more gas.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I agree with erik, I'd rather have the off trail play areas than 150 miles of trail riding. Of course, I do want to run the trails, but there needs to be excitement added to the mix.

[EDIT:] I know I don't want to be WOT for 50 mile stretches.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by 95XCR600
[br]
[EDIT:] I know I don't want to be WOT for 50 mile stretches.
I went on a Snowest ride that was killer last year. We did 200 miles and 3/4 of it was at WOT for me on my 440. It was fun, but man I was beat at the end of the day. We didn't do alot of playing around either.

My friends and I arn't interested in sustained high speed trail running. We may have the 1-3 mile fast blast but the rest will be moderate speeds and then stopping and taking turns in an area.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds reasonable to me. I want to check out the trails, but I do not mind putting on some miles. I think 80 to 100 miles per day is just fine. It gives time to check out the back country a little bit.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I'm in with the powerline, back country riding! 100 miles would be good! I like some trails but have rode that areas trails alot and haven't been able to ride the back country much, and would love to do that! I think small groups with a leader who either knows the back country or trails or would probably work best!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I like the idea of a couple groups, personally I want to find off trail riding. It doesn't matter, even trail riding I am sure we will find some places that will be easily accessible to some deeper stuff/drifts or something.

·
Registered
459 Posts
We'll, we have 4 of us going up that weekend, we are staying at Tom's place (behind Stony River Cafe in Isabella). If you guys want to hook up on Friday or Saturday near Finland, we could show a smaller group (around 10 to 12 total) a combination back country, forest road and trail ride. Our typical day of riding is 150-220 miles, depending on how much boonedocking and exploring we do. If you guys don't want to ride that much, then we can bring you back to the trail and you can go back to yer motel. Just thought I would throw that out there.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Along with the most of you I would effinately be looking to do off trail powerline kinda stuff. U just cant beat that!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
ditchbanger and myself can take you guys to some pretty cool spots in the back country. dont expect to see our favorite spots!!! [:)] look forward to ridding with ya'll.

if anyone is interested in purchasing a sled lift let me know. i can weld some up and bring them with me.

$150 un-painted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it depends on conditions. If they have fresh snow, put on the miles. If they haven't had fresh snow in 2 weeks, those trails get the beat to hell and are no fun to put 200 miles on. At that point, kinding powder to play in becomes more fun. Only thing is, you need someone that knows there way around up there. I rode Finland 1 weekend last year and we did some "exploring" and were lucky to get back to a spot we knew. There are a lot of spots to get lost imo, and unfortunatly, we didn't find too many spots to play, mostly heavily wooded area's. Anybody familiar with running the Gun Flint? I hear this is "where its at" and am planning on running this area a time or two this season.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I would prefer to be in the second group. I would sooner find some off trails spots to play around in the sit on the trail all day. When we ride up in canada we spend a lot of time playing around in the back country and we still get about 150 miles on. I think the two groups idea is a good one. Hopefully the offtrail group can be led or at least accompanied by someone who knows the area.

-Boe

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
yah, i agree if it is going to be 100 miles of just wot trail racing you can leave me behind. I personally will follow the laws for the most part. not that i dont open it up once in a while.

the off trail riding is fun if conditions are right.

for miles per day? depends on conditions. we can look at maps and get a route set out for each day with gas and food stops. with a route planned we all know where we are going so if some stop and play and others trail race we know where everyone is at for safety reasons if someone doesnt check in.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
If the snow conditions are right, you can play on the LTV powerlines all day long and never get bored. Lots of hills and jumps to play on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah im cool with a little bit of trail ridding and ripperd and i like powerlinning and playing around!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts