Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY F7 IS GREAT FOR STR8 LINE BUT DOES NOT CORNER HAVE HERD OF SHORTENING LIMITER 1"BUT NOT SURE AS THERE IS NO ADJUSTMENT WILL HAVE TO CUT HOLE DO ANYONE ELSE HAVE IDEAS OTHER THAN GOING BACK TO FULLY ADJUSTABLE ZR 800

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'm not sure about the Firecat setups, but you'll get a lot more responses if you post this in the Shop section.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Have you checked out this site for firecat info:

http://hardcoresledder.com/

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a new F5 firecat it handles ok in the turns, but it slides around u really have to lean if u want to turn real tight,
the studs help alot to

GET HER DONE!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Originally posted by accpl1
[br]MY F7 IS GREAT FOR STR8 LINE BUT DOES NOT CORNER HAVE HERD OF SHORTENING LIMITER 1"BUT NOT SURE AS THERE IS NO ADJUSTMENT WILL HAVE TO CUT HOLE DO ANYONE ELSE HAVE IDEAS OTHER THAN GOING BACK TO FULLY ADJUSTABLE ZR 800
Can't help your first problem but let me help you with another. TURN OFF YOUR CAP LOCK! [:D]

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Accpl1,
I know exactly what you mean by "does not corner" I rode one for a while
last weekend, it's hard to beat it's sheer acceleration at any speed,
but put it into a corner and it feels like your riding a quad being so high.
We talked to anouther F7 guy, and he beefed up his ski pressure and he said it was alot better.
Like Cowby said, I think that you will really need to throw your weight around to get that thing to corner, it's just a good thing it's so light, that should not be hard, stay low, and lean way out.
Good luck, don't trade it off yet, give yourself time to get used to it,
it's a great rocket sled.

·
Registered
31 Posts
yeah i heard that the 2003 the f5 and f7 dont corner that well and for 2004 they put different suspension and the beasts...they will really be kickin soon....[green][/green][}:)]

·
Registered
3 Posts
The SNoPro/FireCat chassis requires more rider input than the older ZR chassis. It will turn you just need to adjust you rriding style. Comming into a turn hard brake moderatly, lean forward and to the inside, this loads the weight on the ski's and you will turn. I fyou really want to work it drop your outside foot on the running board for more leverage. You can stand and turn like this as well, it may feel strange at first but soon you can gain confidence that you can make the turns much faster than before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's what I did. First, I got 102 spikes on the track and took it for a ride. I found that it pushed the front right through turns. I ended up off the trail twice going above 40mph. I also had some ski lift. So i got 6" carbides and tightened the front coils 5 turns. Lastly, I got rail plates to add grip for my feet.
Now, it handles like a rollercoaster. As hard as I want to push it, it will take it. Soon, I found the confidence to push harder and harder. Most turns I can glide through, never slowing down, just leaning into it. I also raced my friend on his new MXZ 600 HO. I took it easy up to 75, until I was far enough behind that I was not in the cloud of powder left by the MXZ. Then I nailed it. My digital speedo stopped at 99. My friend's speedo said 110mph when I passed him.
Like the others are saying, it's not an "out of the box" trail performer. You need to adjust the suspension to your liking and change your riding style a little. The rear seemed to be all over the place until I learned how to control it. I usually hug the gas tank when riding aggressively and lean into turns like on a sport bike.
I'd have to say that this easily outperforms my old 580 ZR EFI which also had spikes and bigger carbides. Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts