Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[?]Has anyone replaced the decals that are on the bellypan of their Firecat? Mine have a little rash on each side and I'm wondering how hard they are to remove and if special steps need to be taken to reapply replacements. Let me know if you have any info. Thanks

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have major road rash on mine also. I've gotten over the fact that it's not perfect, and consider it attitude.

If you do replace them however, peel the old ones off while carefully using a heat gun. Actually if you don't have a heated garage this is better left as a summer project because the vinyl decals come off, and stick on a lot better when the surface you are working on (belly-pan) is a warmer temperature.

Before applying the new decals, it's a good idea to use some alcohol prep pads to clean the surface of dirt and oil. Carefully apply the new decals, and it should be good as new.

On a side note. If you have a limited edition Firecat, (Patriot, Fighter, Joker, ect) you will need your vin # and possibly proof that the decal is actually trashed in order to purchase another one from the dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts