Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and 45 other F7 owners have waited 3 to 4 weeks for parts! And are still being told they are not availible or the will be in soon. 4 weeks of winter is 33% of a year for a snowmobile, as average ride time in winter is 12 weeks. We have tried to contact Arctic Cat on our own, with no response. So we are currently in contact with a few attorneies considering starting a class action suit against arctic cat, we are seeking compansation for the time we are unable to use our snowmobiles we just paid $8000.00 for and are unable to use. We are sure there are more F7 owners in the same boat, and hope to find them. Also 4 owners pulled thier new sleds off the trailer the first time up, after paying for a hotel room, drive up, waisted vactions from work, only to ride 4 miles and the engine blows up. We belive Arctic Cat is negligent in selling an undertested and faulty product. Arctic cat has even admitted in writing that there is a problem buy sending the $100.00 gift certificat and the apology letter. This gesture, although nice, dose not even begine to the loss of our recreation this winter. I realy love the sled, but its no good if I can not ride it. I just wish Arctic Cat had been a little more prepaired, and when they seen what was going on, they should have stepped up production to meet the growing parts demand, for the faulty products they sold. If you are interested in this lawsuit, please EMAIL ME WITH YOUR NAME FIRST AND LAST, thats all I need. EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I think Arctic Cat pushed the Firecats through to quik to stay on par with the release of the Rev and the RX1.Its not right that the people who buy there sleds pay for that mistake.if what you say is true there must be compensation in my opinion.Good luck.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Not all the Firecats are having problems, if properly set up right. I think I would put some of the blame on the dealers as well for the problems. All new releases have thier bugs. People want these things so quick, so what does AC do...they give them to them....now people are mad. Give them time to get the bugs out.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
A guy I know down in Anchorage was given a $100 coupon for oil, he was told buy the dealer to start pre-mixing 80:1 in the tank - and still using oil injection!! WTF is up with that? Anyone else heard of this, I will say this though there are some that came out that are still running good. I know a few people who have well over 500 miles with no troubles, including a couple dealer demos.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Apparently that has to do with this recall notice I read earlier today,

"feb7 2003
dear arctic cat firecat 700 snowmobile owner
this letter is being sent to all registered owners of 03 f7 snowmobiles to inform them about an upgrade program regarding the f7. our records indicate the you are the owner of an affectedf7.
due to an inconsitency in oil pump delivery that may result in engine overheating,piston sticking,and potential catastrophic engine damage, a service bulletin is being issued for correction of the problem by your authorized cat dealer. until the oil pump has been updated by your dealer please add 80:1 (16OZ PER TEN GALLONS) of premix arctic cat apv injection oil to each tank of gasoline used. by making this adjustment, you SHOULD be able to operate your f7 without the above mentioned problems.

NOTE: this 80:1 mixture is to be used in conjunction with the oil injection system.

we sincerely apologize for the inconviences that you may have faced with your f7 snowmobile. we pride ourselves for not only designing and manufacturing world class products ,but also for taking care of our customers. therefore, due to the inconviences caused by the unusual number of service related issues on the 03 f7,by arctic catis enclosing a 100.00 coupon for the purchase of up to 100.00 worth of arctic wear clothing and accessories. we are also enclosing a coupon for one free gallon of apv oil for usse in the suggested pre mix in your f7 snowmobile. the coupons are good at any authorized cat dealer and must be redeemed by march 15,2003.

note the coupons must be presented to your AC DEALER when purchasing your accessories, and oil.

we feel that the f7 is still the best performance snowmobile available today. even people who have expereienced problems with the f7 have stated that the snowmobile is awesome . this has been elusive,frustrating problem for AC to detect . so again, we apoligize for the inconvience and possible riding time lost.

as always AC wishes to maintain the highest level of customer satifaction and is commited to our customers.
We appreciate your patience, cooperation and understanding. We want reassure you that everthing possible is being done to ensure that you have a great snowmobiling experience

Sincerely,
Product service and warranty department.

Arctic Cat Inc."

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
but captian kirk built these sleds and hes god of snowmobiles.lol how could there be any problem, they have been testing them for over 2 years.lol hmmm. very interesting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It sucks but then that's what can happen when you have to have the first ones out. It looks like they are trying to deal with it and I would think your local dealer should be helping you out more.
I am a big Cat fan but that has been a question of mine all along. How durable are these going to be?
I also red about the oil pump issue before and that is were your dealer should have stepped in. I wish you all the best with you suit but don't forget to get those money hungry dealers envolved!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
ok if you just plunked down 8k for a new sled and got rid of your old one that was just running fine, only to find more problems than enough with your 8k "paper weight" id be really peaved, and i not so sure its the fault of the dealers either they just do what A/C tells them to do, and they just sell what A/C gives them to sell, and its my opnion that A/C rushed this sled to market before it was properly tested which makes the snowmobile riding public the test bed, this is a very bad idea, because many loyal buyers may "jump ship", i have had something simmlar in my line of work happen about 20 years ago, i am in the plumbing and heating business and back in the 80's when high efficency furnaces came on the market it was a big push to sell, sell, sell, and the truth of it was the public was the test bed, and there were so many problems that if you could keep them running for more than a month, you were doing a good job!, needless to say it made me the dealer look bad to my customrs, through no fault of there own!, but im happy to say they come a long way in 20 years and they got things figured out pretty well, i see this happen alot in many areas of manufacture, research and devlopment and quality and control, seem to be secondary theses day, get things to market, and sell, and worry about fixing them as we go? i dont understand this reasoning but i guess thats whats important these days, making the stockholders money and the bottom line, never mind the public who spent there hard earned money to make your company what it is today!, and i like A/C,!!!, the sooner they come out and admit they have a serious problem and work with the sledding public the sooner they can fix there company image, i feel for the people who bought these sleds but its a company problem not a dealer problem, hes just the last guy you see. so he takes the brunt of your anger.[:(!]

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sucks. I hope you get compensation, but I doubt it will happen. Nobody got hurt. New products F*** up all the time. You really can't prove they knew about it. Who knows maybe you can get some free stuff though. Not to sound like a dick, thats why alot of people don't something the first year it comes out. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the same letter. But, the only problem I've had is a faulty gas return valve. I was still pretty pissed. 2.5 hrs of driving, 10 minutes of riding and my day was done.[:(!]

·
Registered
19 Posts
45 sleds broke down thats what u get for buyin a cat just kidding. i wood be really pissed too if i couldnt get parts. I hope u guys get something from arctic cat.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
the only bad thing for you guys pushing a class action is that cat issued a service bulliten, which im sorry to say, undermines your intent. i agree it is messed up that you spent a pile of money for something u cant enjoy, but the whole compensation for lost riding time, money to go here or there,,,,good luck, they will just say that is; to quote them"what snowmobiling is all about" dont get me wrong here, i hope things turn out well for you, but $100 buck for accessories and or whatnots, at your local cat shop doesnt buy much, a belt, some plugs, a gallon of "required" apv oil which is nothing more that a synthetic, made prolly in iraq, costing 5 bucks, comes here and is worth 30+. best of luck though.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Originally posted by madcow
[br]but captian kirk built these sleds and hes god of snowmobiles.lol how could there be any problem, they have been testing them for over 2 years.lol hmmm. very interesting.
Oh god...

This coming from "the god of clutching"

[xx(]

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
no no, the jr woodchuck of clutching, hes learning from the jedi master of clutching.....remember

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
OH yeah!

Thanks for clearing that up!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts