Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of trading in the old xc700 for a firecat.
Anyone have any experience with this sled yet?
I've road Polaris for the last 10 years and I'm thinking
of jumping the fence to cat. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS

·
Registered
502 Posts
Bout the only thing you'll be satisfied with the F-7 is the motor. Everything else is crap. I'd wait another year and see if AC pulls their heads out of their anuses(sp) or buttholes. I've got a whole list of things wrong with the firecrappys but it could end up being a long post.

I don't use the brakes until I see God, and I am never wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
http://www.whiteknuckleperformance.com

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Rocket I would like to know just a few things because I have 3 or 4 friends that have already got or are getting Firecats within the month and I don't wanna have to be towing them with my Trail.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I don't know what they fixed and what they haven't.
Turn the bars all the way to the left and the steering rod that goes from the steering post to the linkage connection point hits the top of the cylinder head, or a bolt on the head.
They had mounted the coil on the side of the box frame right next to the brake disc. Do you know what happens to a coil from excess heat?
Of course there is the recoil cord that happens to run right over the brake, and rubs either on the brake housing, or on part of the box frame(I think this is fixed?)
Anyone know why the firecats weren't at haydays, and why they were kinda late being shipped to dealers? I do! I also know that they were running sleds all day, 6 even 7 days a week. I'm not going to tell you what this problem was because I shouldn't. I will wait a little bit to see if they actually fixed this problem.
These are some of the bigger problems, but there were a ton of other problems most of which were the result of moronic engineering. How many people would have caught the recoil issue before the sled went into production? I don't know about the coil on the f-7, but on the f-5 it's right next to the brake. We'll see if this results in a problem.
If I was'nt in the snowmobile industry I would tell you more, but not on a message board. Sorry

I don't use the brakes until I see God, and I am never wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
http://www.whiteknuckleperformance.com

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
AAHHH rocket your the devil! Like a girlfriend thats mad at you and you want to know why shes mad that says "If you don't know, I'm not going to tell you!"
I guess I will have to respect your decentsy.

[red]GO HARD, OR GO HOME - THEY MAKE NEW ONES EVERY DAY[/size=2][/red]

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Well I just got home from my friends house and I was pointing out the recoil thing. He was like who the [email protected]*% would just leave this open like this? There were a few things that I DID like though. I like the high/low switch that is incorporated into the brakes. That is cool.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sad to hear that about AC or any MFG. They hype a new and totally different product and now they are going to get a ton of complaints. NOT a way to keep customers brand loyal!

How many people would know before message boards though?

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not me! Mistakes like that are sure reason to though. Every Mfg. seems to have issues at some point though.

You don't have to believe everything you think!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have recieved my new F7, and yes it does have the problem with the starter cord starting to fray. The problem with the steering rod hitting is not an issue, but is dam close. I fixed the cable problem with a pulley but the dash was torqueing down and the extra piece of metal fixed this. If this is the only problem I will be happy. Interal engine problems, etc. are a bummer due to lost riding time.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I was just wondering, but from looking at these firecats the pipe seems to be in the way to be able to change the spark plugs when the pipe is hot...kind of a retarded idea if u ask me??

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I don't know if the F5 and F7 are exactly the same under the hood but on my buddy's F5 if you go on the right side (where the exhaust pipe is) there is a lot of room. I thought that way the first time I saw it but he showed me it wasn't too bad.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
ok, i went to the aritcat dealer in greenbush just to give them sh##. They had some firecats there and i looked under the hood of an f7 and there is no way in hell you would change them plugs when the pipe is hott. Maybe on the one side maybe, but theres no way you could on the pto side there is barley enough room to get a wrench on them. (by this i mean you have to work the wrench on) So i asked the guy how the hell you were going to change a plug on that side he was like well the belt cover just lifts up or goes to the side or something. Still, so i asked how you were going to change the plug when its hott and he said you sit back and have a beer and wait for her to cool down

·
Registered
614 Posts
AH BEER, the answer for everything! Cancelled my fire-puss and bought the zr 900 instead.

"tie wrap it wide open"

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think the Firecat is one of the best sleds you can get on the marcket these days. I know it has problems but I will fix that.

So I say to you all GO CAT OR GO HOME =P

Jordan

·
Registered
273 Posts
I don't doubt that the F7 or F5 are good sleds, but I wouldn't buy the first year they come out because of the kinks that are in um. Last thing I wanna do is buy a $7,000+ sled and end up working on it all the time.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by King snowmobiler:
I think the Firecat is one of the best sleds you can get on the marcket these days. I know it has problems but I will fix that.

[/quote]

1 - 20 of 86 Posts