Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine has a 2005 F7 and he has 48 studs that he wants to throw on it. I know you can do a 51 stud pattern on the 128's, left to right every pitch. Any ideas for a 48 stud pattern or should I tell him to find 3 more studs? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
I know it can be done...but why? I see no feasible reason why anyone would want to run 48 studs in an F7 (or 51 for that matter). Better acceleration? Doubtful. Better braking? Maybe. Tell him to double his studs and run at least 96, if not more. Seems to be that there is going to be alot of stress on each stud with just 48 of them. If you're going to take the time to stud a track, I'd want to take the time to do it right the first time.

Just my two-bits I guess...[dunno]

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah..im gonna run 91(I think that's what I counted) on my '10 F6 for XC racing next month. There are a LOT of XC racers around here who only run a 48-51 stud pattern because they claim 96 studs "slow" them down on the straight-aways by adding extra weight and making their track "wobble" at high speeds. They've been around a long time but I personally don't believe them...it's not that much extra weight at all to throw 48 more on, and you get better traction on turns.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
48 studs on a F7 sounds like a recipe for pullouts and a wrecked track. I'd get 105 more studs to make a 153 pattern, which would be 3 studs per pitch.

·
Registered
844 Posts
JD said:
48 studs on a F7 sounds like a recipe for pullouts and a wrecked track. I'd get 105 more studs to make a 153 pattern, which would be 3 studs per pitch.
X 2,
do it right, or leave it alone!!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll try to suggest 48 more to my buddy but he'll prolly just do a 51 pattern. I'm gonna go with 91 studs in an arrow shape on my 2010 F6 whenever I have the time to put 'em on. Thanks for the input guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts