Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok boys,,Ive been looking at the firecats and they seem impressive! I am really thinking of going green. I love my RMK, but just for "shits and giggles" I am thinking of a change. What do you all hear and think of these firecats?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Lots good, and lots bad. Do a search on the forum here for Firecat, there's quite a bit of info.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I rode an F7.
Here is a representation of what happens when you hit the throttle:
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /__ __ __ __ __
Nuf said?
But wait till next year, they should have all the kinks worked out by then.
Get black....they look nice!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i rode an f-7 and i wasnt all that impressed on the trail with it i guess its just what your used to maybe didnt turn like my precision skis do throttle response was ok i have ridin much faster i guess if u hade studs on it it would hall pretty good the one i rode didnt bite very good if it was set up right yeah then hold on

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To add to my quest, I am starting to lean towards a Pro-X 700 or XC-700. Any comments from these owners?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I dont know about the F5 or the new F6,but the F7 is incredable.but like 500fasenuf says wait till next year.to manny bugs to work out for now.F7 has the potential to make a great sled.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Pro X or xc? ya gotta luv em both,but i just luv the Pro X A LITTLE MORE.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The F7 I rode was a rocket from 0 to 100. I even pulled some 800's down the lake. On the twisties it was, well, different. I felt like I was sitting up high, but the sled went where I pointed it. It's so light though that I did get alot of ski lift when powering through the turns. Handled the rough bumps pretty dam good. Now for the lows. I know 2 people who blew theirs up. Both blew up on a lake, in cold weather, teens. Seemed to be an icing problem with the air box being right in front sucking in all that cold air. I have heard of others in my area blowing up and with electrical problems. First year bugs I guess. Wait until next year and see what Cat does to correct the problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I go riding in southern VT with a friend of mine who has an MXZ 600 HO. Across the lake, I passed him easily as his speedo said 110mph. Around the twisties, my F7 carves the snow like being on a rollercoaster. When I ride normally, I keep up with whoever is out there. When I push hard, I find that I usually catch up to others.
The Firecat does take some getting use to. At first, I didn't think I was going to like it. But then I made some changes. I tightened the front coil 5 turns, added 102 spike to the track, 6" carbides, and traction plates to the rails for my feet to grip to.
It really is a great machine. This is only my second sled, so I'm only a mediocre driver. But from my experience, the F7 can outperform a lot of machines. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i ride ski-doo but i think i would pick the pro X u should probly ride an f-7 before spendin that kind of money to see if u like the ride some people i know love the f-7 but others cant get comfortable on it

·
Registered
614 Posts
The A/C dealer show is this week, they get all the info of next years sleds there. Go see your dealer next week for the new line up.

·
Registered
133 Posts
An F7 is A big change from an RMK.
I just got back from a trip to Paradise, MI. LOTS of snow. I was riding my 01 edgex and my buddy was on his 01 800xcsp. WOW! He has done some mods. He has got a hotseat kit. Consists of single chubby pipe, V-force reeds, pump gas sleeper heads, boost bottle, handle bar risers and clutch kit. Also put on a 136"x1.5" camoplast challenger track. He thinks it is around 170 hp. I don't doubt it. I rode it and this baby has low end grunt and goes into hyper drive at the helixes second angle. According to him another buddys F7 isn't even close and I believe it.
I've spent some time with clutch weights and jets on my 600 and am running as fast or faster than most stock 700s. My 600 works good. Anyways after whooping on me whenever he felt like it we pull into the gas station and I find out that he burns less gas doing it.

My point? 2 year old sled with a couple thou thrown at it from the right direction and the newest/latest/greatest/fastest can't touch it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
With your Pro-X or XC question.. I'd definitely go with the pro-x if i was you! I have a pro x 600 and it'll beat all 600's mostly all 700's and I even beat an '01 edge x 800 on it! I'm in love with this sled and i'm sure that you would be too

·
Registered
133 Posts
Originally posted by Wayne Jones
[br]I even beat an '01 edge x 800 on it! I'm in love with this sled and i'm sure that you would be too
Ain't no stock 600 polaris domestic twin that will beat an 800 polaris domestic twin, VES or not, unless there is something wrong with the driver or the 800 has problems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts