Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I picked up an 02 zr 800 cross country edition, and this if my first time dealing with an efi sled. So what do I need to do to preseason clean and check this thing? I greased all the fittings I could find, new skags and plugs. I'm gonna grab a new belt before the season starts too.

Are their any efi specifics that I need to take care of before the season starts? Its got 3450 miles and good compression in both cyls. i already read over the thread about the throttle problems so as soon as snow flies i will see if i need to adress that or not. Thanks for any help guys - David

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
As far as the EFI goes, I just add some Sea-Foam to my fuel at the beginning of the season. I've never had any EFI related problems. Other than that, general maintenance goes the same as it would with any sled...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I know its not efi related, but how often should I be taking apart and cleaning the apv assembly? Should I just plan on doing it now to have a starting point?

·
Registered
538 Posts
NHRedneck said:
So I know its not efi related, but how often should I be taking apart and cleaning the apv assembly? Should I just plan on doing it now to have a starting point?
i clean them at the beginning of every season. carb cleaner and a razor blade work good to crape all the carbon off.

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
Cleaning your PV's is going to be dependent on mileage and what oil you are running. Obviously the more miles you run, the more gummed up they can become. Likewise, some oils leave more carbon than others.

I clean mine at the beginning of every season and that's it. I put less than 500 miles on a year though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts