Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard on the news that a guy died in an avalanche Sunday in Wyoming!! I didnt know these riders but they live about 30 miles from where I live. They were up checking the snow and didnt have all there back country gear with them.They were in a bowl where they had seen there was a previous slide so they thought they were safe. Three guys were buried two were rescued but were buried under 8ft snow the other that didnt make it was not part of the group and his buddy didnt know he was buried until like an hour later because he was in another bowl! They found him buried under 12ft of snow! So just a for warning that in some places there is enough snow and always be prepared for any situation when you go out! And always stay with your group this man couldve survived if someone knew he was there![V]

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
There was also a fatality in Michigan already this year too.

Stay safe out there guys. Live to ride another day!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Originally posted by ShoelessJoe
[br]There was also a fatality in Michigan already this year too.

Not sure exactly where but there have already been 3 fatalities in michigan this year.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Originally posted by GotMud
[br]
Originally posted by ShoelessJoe
[br]There was also a fatality in Michigan already this year too.

Not sure exactly where but there have already been 3 fatalities in michigan this year.
Dang!! Hardly seems like there has been enough snow to have 3 people riding.

I heard of one in the Baldwin area on the 8th of December if I remember right.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We've already had a 21 year old get killed here on the weekend. Just north on Winnipeg. Was killed due to speed and the sled flipped over on him is what the report was.

Everyone, be careful. That's all we can ask!!!

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
A guy ran into a closed gate in Illinois around the first of december.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
last summer in ohio some guy was water skipping and drowned.

explain that one to me..?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Yea Cooke City has already claimed one and avalanches are getting pretty bad about now. Be safe! If your in the mountains dont be stupid and get yourself an beacon. Your life is more than a few hundred dollars especially this time of year.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes it is getting bad for sure especially after the heat wave we got! The snow melted then froze then more snow came and wham avalanches every where. They are really getting bad over east Idaho west Wyoming right about now. The highway right there got closed down because of a slide off! So fellows watch yourself where ever you are at.I am heading out north in the morning to go ride for the day will let you all know how it was!! [}:)]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts