Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my friend raced this weekend in Thompson MB and he said (unfortunately)that the new Polaris' didn't get a single holeshot. Am just asking to see if they still had the races in Duluth last weekend or if they have heard anything else like this it was rather dissapointing.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I heard that at the duluth races the polaris' didn't get a single hole shot there either. Tucker won the pro-stock class and Morgan won the pro-open...so no polaris winners.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Hmm, maybe the racers are still getting used to the setup, not like there is much to get used to though. Polaris fans, wait till next year...[;)]

·
Registered
243 Posts
Most of the whole shot comes down to clutching and traction. The dragon button should help with power output, but the other two are just as important. I think it's only a matter of time until polaris takes a couple whole shots themselves.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by erick
[br]Hmm, maybe the racers are still getting used to the setup, not like there is much to get used to though. Polaris fans, wait till next year...[;)]
heres the guy that always seems to hint at new stuff from polaris and never tells......

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Actually I read on the WSA site that Polaris took the holeshoot in the Pro Stock and Pro Open races, of course they didn't finish that way......Maybe that't what's instore for next year, a button that actually makes Polaris WIN the race.......what a concept!

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Originally posted by Pooly_31
[br]Tucker won the pro-stock class and Morgan won the pro-open
Wow. Fancy that.

Put Morgan or Tucker on a Polaris, and I bet Polaris would have won. I can't believe you guys think it's the machine that much.

How many more years is Morgan or Hibbert gonna have to win #1 every time before you realize it's the rider?

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's not ALL rider, but I agree 100%. It's not like the Polaris sled can't hold it's own with the others. They are all reeeeal close in performance. The rider and mechanics who set up the sleds make all the difference.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I noticed sled names are kinda like nationalism...every1 thinks the sled they ride is invincible, and when some1 comes along and says something bad, they snap at um.

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Originally posted by mxz583dude
[br]I noticed sled names are kinda like nationalism...every1 thinks the sled they ride is invincible, and when some1 comes along and says something bad, they snap at um.
I don't know if this was directed at me or not, but I"m taking it as if it was.

First off, I wasn't "snapping" I was pointing out a FACT. Morgan used to ride cat, and he won, he changes to doo, and he wins. If he went to Yamaha, he'd probably win, and if he went to Polaris he'd probably win.

All the manufacturers build extremely good quality machines, and they are all brand new, so these guys are winning because the rider is good, it ain't the machine. Every one of the machines on the track is a quality machine, the guy riding it is the one who puts it out front.

Second, who said anything about invincibility? I used to have an Arctic Cat Jag, I thought it sucked. Then I got a 1994 Polaris Indy 440, and that was a good machine, I then got a 1996 Polaris XCR 440 SP which was a huge hunk of junk. I hated that sled... Then I got a 1998 XCR 440 SP, that was a good machine, and now I have a 2003 Pro X 600, and I dunno if it's good or not cuz we have no snow.

I'm not speaking for Polaris here, I'm just pointing out some facts to those who think the machine is driving itself to victory.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Originally posted by Polaris-ManAll the manufacturers build extremely good quality machines, and they are all brand new, so these guys are winning because the rider is good, it ain't the machine. Every one of the machines on the track is a quality machine, the guy riding it is the one who puts it out front.

Well put P-Man, my thought exactly. Yes I also ride Polaris, I'm not a brand loyal diehard. I purchase things that appeal to me, for what ever reasons. The two main reasons I ride Polaris now are: the price I paid, and the dealer - which means the most IMO. If any brand comes out with a sled at the right price and is appealing, I would buy it. With that said, P-Man is right you put Morgan or Hibbert on any brand and they would win.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Obviouisly it's the rider but look at the ZPro stock final Tucker,Wolff(i think)and Shaun Crapo. Crapo is a first year Pro and he already has a podium. So it has to do w/ the rider and machine.

·
Registered
268 Posts
winning has to start with a holeshot because if you get stuck at the back of the pack your most likly not goign to get to the front once you get a holeshot then you have to chose fast lines. Get these two thinks and your almost there

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Originally posted by protizone_99
[br]winning has to start with a holeshot because if you get stuck at the back of the pack your most likly not goign to get to the front once you get a holeshot then you have to chose fast lines. Get these two thinks and your almost there
I think this is only true to a certain extent. I've seen morgan go off the track and struggle to get back on (concrete + wet rubber track + vertical wall of snow = struggle) and he was like 3rd from last, and he still made his way back to the front. But for most ppl yeah, you need a good holeshot.

·
Registered
322 Posts
A good start will help out a ton...and it has to be followed by a good race. See, I don't think that a good start is what does it for ya...but a bad start will kill it for ya. I actually read that the reason Morgan didn't do good in the stock (13th) is that he got caught up in the first turn w/ 4 other sleds. He couldn't come back from that because it was so early. If something bad would have happened later...chances are he'd be farther up in the pack and have a better chance at regaining position. So I don't think a good start has as much impact as a bad start. It does help a lot though.

Now the rider/sled argument. This is how I see it. The outcome of the race mostly relies on the rider...and then most of the part w/ the sled I think is how the rider feels on a sled. I read on snowmobilenews.com that part of the reason Morgan didn't resign w/ Cat is that he really didn't like the feel of the new Sno Pro. The REV on the other hand he said feel a lot more like his bike. If any of you have ever seen Blair on a bike, you know he's awesome. That's why he wins...he's comfortable. Tucker...well his dad is huge at Cat. You can't tell me that the final outcome of the Sno Pros and Firecats didn't have something to do w/ how the Hibbert's like them. Honestly, I think you'd be dumb to say they didn't. So obviously Tucker is comfortable on that, so he wins. I think that is why we only saw two guys win all of last year, because they were the main ones comfortable...and not to mention the best riders. Now this year the other riders are more used to the sleds, and have had them kind of tweaked for them too. The races this year are gonna be a lot closer I think. If someone doesn't like the way a sled feels...it isn't going to be success in the end is how I see it. Just my thoughts...

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by wannabe377
[br] You can't tell me that the final outcome of the Sno Pros and Firecats didn't have something to do w/ how the Hibbert's like them.
Of course the Hibbert's have something to do with how they turned out, Kirk Hibbert is one of the engineers for the race sleds. And I am sure lots of people at that factory will listen to every single word that Tucker says.

·
Registered
322 Posts
That's exactly what I meant. The sled for the most part was probably designed FOR Tucker. I'm sure the other racers had something to do with it, but I'd bet he is the one it all revolved around because he is Kirk's son, and he's also their best racer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Where do you get your info from I wonder. Polaris won 2 hole shot awards that weekend and pulled more podium finishes than any brand. Again, Polaris won more Season points championships than all the others, at the district, Regional and National level. Can't argue with success. And now lets see the first place war at Duluth, Polaris=4, SkiDoo=3, Cat=5, Again Polaris didn't do to bad, Lets see,seconds, Polaris=5 SkiDoo=2 Cat=5, And 3rds, Polaris=6, SkiDoo=4 and Cat=2 Again I don't see the dominance of the other sleds??? Help I must be blind. Oh I see there are only 2 classes in sno-x I'm sorry.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts