Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got out wtih my daughter (19) and a few friends for our first ride of the season this past weekend. We trailered up from CT and headed out onto the trails from the Chester, VT Recreation Center parking area onto 12 N. This would be the first ride on two new (to us) sleds. New to my daughter was the yellow 04 600HO and new to my buddy was the red 04 Renegade seen in the pictures below. When we first hit the trails we came across a dozen or so deer hangin out in the trails. By following behind them for a while, and yes, keeping our distance, they cleared out of the way and we were off. The trails were thin but they were flat and hard. Our destination was Bridgewater, VT home of the Long Trail Brewery where we would grab a beer and a burger before heading back out. On the way to lunch we were stopped by the VT Fish and Game people that were checking Insurance, Registrataion, and Trail pssses. Once we were all checked out we each received our "Safety decals" fro our sleds. This provides us with a free pass at any future stops that we may encounter throughout the season.
1-17 F&G.jpg 1-17 F&G 2.jpg

Once we were done with that we continued onto Bridgwater for lunch. We ran into a few people from CT while having lunch that were also riding and learned that one guy received a $374 fine for crossing over the pond pictued above in the background that was posted "Stay off Pond" rather than taking the 50 seconds it would take to go around it and for being clocked at 82mph by the F&G folks that were waiting on the other side of the pond in the picture.

I would say the most "exciting" thing all day to happened to me when I came over a little 6' rise off trail, I didnt stop in time and went over the crest and began sliding down hill, backwards on the snow that was crusted over with ice. I think I finally convinced myself to pick my track! after sliding down a 200+ foot slope backwards most of the time I had to figure out how the hell I was getting out! I walked over to a group of guys already at the bottom that were trying to get a Polaris Rush out of the brook at the bottom. The Rush had slid down a different way tha I had and rolled upside down into the water. After some discussion with the locals I decided to make a run up the hilll from the area in the center of the pic where you see the three sleds parked away from the brook and run along the treeline. Fortunatley the snow was not iced over in that area and I climbed up it without issue!
1-17slope.jpg

We then made our way back to the parking area which was still an hour a way before making the 2.5 hour ride home. All in all, we had a good time. Enjoy the pics everyone.

Our group:
11-7 group.jpg
1-17 renegade.jpeg
1-17 Okemo.jpg
1-17 Biggers.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: mr135lbs

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey moderators... can you move this to "RIDE REPORTS?" I didnt realize there was a section for just ride reports. Thanks.

·
Registered
409 Posts
took my son (12) on his first trails ride solo- he rode my Polaris 700 alone and loved it. 3 hours and 50 miles. got home at midnight- he has been bitten by the snowmo bug and wants to go again..... in Ohio though we need more snow.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember the first time I had my girls out ont he trails on there own sledsd when they were 12. Very rewording experience for me to share my passion with my kids. We need more snow out this way too. Lots of rain swept the Northeast on Sunday..:/

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I really like the look of that red ski doo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts