Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to go riding. Gonna head out here shortly and get everything organized and head up to the hills. Should be riding by 10 in 3 feet of fresh stuff. Not enough by all means but enough to go tear around and be constantly scared of those rocks.

Anyway...I will be back this evening with pics.[:D][8D]

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Sounds like a blast have fun!

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Are you gonna break in the Vector or wait for more snow to break her in? Lookin forward to pics and a report on how the Vector handles the fluff. Have fun.

·
Registered
232 Posts
oh yeah m,an tear it up i live kind of down state and i am looking at the web cams for up north at my cottage up there and i am just dying to get up there and ride

·
Registered
527 Posts
O gee, poor you, only 3 feet!!! [:p] Wish I had 3 inches.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Have fun!!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,654 Posts
You just have to rub it in, don't ya! [:(!]

If you ever make it back to ND, you better bring some of that fluffy whiteness back with you! [:D]

...and I'll be awaiting the pics. [:I]

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
WTH!? If I want to ride.. I got about a 20 hour ride north into canada.

Only thing I am riding right now is my motorcycle.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
ill try to get pics while im out today. gonna see if i can break my mileage of all of last year in a single day wooohoooo

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by Quinlan
[br]You just have to rub it in, don't ya! [:(!]

If you ever make it back to ND, you better bring some of that fluffy whiteness back with you! [:D]

...and I'll be awaiting the pics. [:I]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm gonna have to side with him! except, send the snow to IN. [:D]

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the snow sucked. Always weary of hitting rocks which I did hit about 3 pretty hard and heard countless others. Need a couple feet more to make things more enjoyable. We had 11 in our group so always lots of help getting unstuck. I only got stuck 3 times. I am not used to this type of riding or the sled but got the hang of it towards the end of the day.

Talk about brand loyalty. Polaris Racing cap, Arctic Cat gloves, standing on the Yamaha.
[attachment=50653]

Just a random pic while stopped taking a break.
[attachment=50654]

Going down the pipeline. I was lucky and didn't hit the massive rock right in the middle there. Someone else got there first and stopped to point it out.
[attachment=50655]

This guy was blaming his 900RMK on him always getting stock. We just think it was the rider not wanting to turn back downhill.
[attachment=50656]

And the moment you have all been waiting for. The first review on the Vector. First impression was "This is no Pro X2." It felt real doggy, big and heavy. After I got acclimated with the sled and learned how to ride again it started to get better. It has an awsome powerband. Really consistent throughout the entire range. It sounds pretty cool too so I'm told. I actually think that it vibrates more than the X2 did.

I am going to need to do some fine tuning on it before next time to see if I can get a little more out of it.

Also, the gas consumption was real close to the M7s. I had alittle under half a tank at the end of the day. And I love in the owners manual how it tells you to break it in. No way can I ride under 6500 RPM for the first hundred miles. Break it in how you are going to ride it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
[Twak] not enough snow! jeez if I had that much snow, you wouldn't see me for days...lol

Looks like you all had a great time, glad to see the vector made it back in one piece

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
glad to see the Yamaha out and finally ridden. looks like the snow was good but no base ah? better hope it gets worm quick and keep all that snow as base. great pics.

I was just about to ask how the 900 rmk was running but then saw he was constantly getting stuck. tell him to put a clutch kit in it to wake it up. but I guess the sled is only as good as the rider is.

Im going up myself tomorrow but for riding. putting the camper up at the lodge and bringing my sled to the poo dealer to get a reflash after the pipe.

also from the looks of it I think you got more snow than Pance lol.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by WY_rider
[br]glad to see the Yamaha out and finally ridden. looks like the snow was good but no base ah? better hope it gets worm quick and keep all that snow as base. great pics.

I was just about to ask how the 900 rmk was running but then saw he was constantly getting stuck. tell him to put a clutch kit in it to wake it up. but I guess the sled is only as good as the rider is.

Im going up myself tomorrow but for riding. putting the camper up at the lodge and bringing my sled to the poo dealer to get a reflash after the pipe.

He just got a new pipe and a can for it, different brands. I didn't catch the whole story but he thinks that it was the combination of the 2 that was causing him problems. He is bringing it in on monday so they can figure something out with it.

Ya, there was no base at all. Constantly fearing hitting rocks and did hit a few. Hopefully this settles in and we get a few more feet on top of it.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
We have the same problem too no base so always finding rocks, i rode my dads attak tonight they have such a fun powerband.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Same problem here to. There is no base so we keep hitting little ricks going across stubble ground.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[attachment=50659]

One of the guys was sidehilling, hit buried rocks similar to those and turned him straight uphill. These rocks are massive and will destroy you. Not like midwestern rocks where 99% of them will just be a mere nuisance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Originally posted by WY_rider
[br]

Is this one of them name thingys or are you just trying to make me go cry myself to sleep, because of the lack of snow??? LOL [:(]

1 - 20 of 47 Posts