Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this may sound stupid but I took my zrt 600 out and it is running the best it ever has. I was trying to get enough money saved up to finish putting my 700 big bore kit in it but I didnt have enough money to buy pistons. Which that is the only thing I dont have I already have the jugs for it. But anyways all I did different to my sled this year is put my milled heads on it. Which the milled heads must had helped alot because the thing runs great. Which scares me knowing that something has to go wrong because it runs so good. Does anybody else ever feel this way?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
And the old racer's maxim
They alway's run they're best, just before they blow!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Originally posted by Festus33
They alway's run they're best, just before they blow!
You know why they say that right? That saying came from a long time ago (I've heard this from my grandpa) back when you had to premix your gas. If you didn't put enough oil in with the gas your motor will run lean, causing the sled would run like a bat outa hell, as it's blowing up. But hey, you probably just beat all your riding buddies in a race, that would be good enough for me.[:D]

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Compression, always the best bang for the buck in 2 strokes. I hope she runs like a raped ape for you all season.[;)] Hopfully I will get out for my first ride this weekend.[:D]

·
Registered
901 Posts
my xlt did that i was amazed by how good it was proforming, then after a day of speedruns, hillclimbing and pow riding she blew. hope urs doesnt

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know mine's going to blow up its just a matter of time.

Oh and does feel good to get back on the sled arcticcatmatt?

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Originally posted by arcticcatmatt
[br]Good to hear buckfever!

I took my project ZRT out for a rip yesterday.. got the video in my gallery
looks like she is up and running good.[:D] how did it feel to get back on the beast?[:p]

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Check your plugs to make sure your mods didn't affect the fuel mixture too much. It's better to take the time now than pay later. I know from experience with my XLT.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Polaris XLTSP I make sure I always check my plugs and watch my EGT guage.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Sorry didn't mean to offend. Just don't know what level everyone is at since I haven't been around for awhile. Just call me Mr. Obvious!

Hope your sled continues to rip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts