Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this weekend we finally got our first ride in. My buddy and I bought Crossfire 800's this year and both of them have been sitting in my garage since mid-October. Well, this weekend we took a drive up to Cadillac, MI and got in about 130 miles. All was good, until it was time to load up and leave...

How I did this is beyond me, truly a stupid moment. As I was pulling the sled up the ramp, my left ski hit the side of the trailer which sliced through the ski like it was butter. I actually filleted the side of the ski about an inch inward, and the total length of the cut is at least 6 inches. So I called the dealer to find out about a new ski, they should be getting back to me today to let me know when I can have it, and how much.

The good news, that sled pulls like no other, tons of power. Coming off of a '98 ZR600, the suspension and extra track length is awesome. At the end of the night I had almost no fatigue at all.

This coming week (Feb. 3rd~9th), a few of us are heading up to Houghton, MI for 3 days and then to Iron Mountain for 3 days. If anyone wants to meet up and ride, PM me. Otherwise, if you see an orange CF8 (me) and a green CF8 with 2 older AC's that would be us, stop and say hi.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts