Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took these saturday going for our first ride ... both me and my buddies first ride on our new sleds.
[attachment=51082]
[attachment=51083]
[attachment=51084]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
How much snow was there?
That is the nicest Pro-X 440 I have ever seen.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Where was this at?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its actually a 600xcsp .. it had that hood on it when i bought it ... they had about 15 inches of snow in spots ... the some cornfields were a little rough but for the most parts the trails were good for a december ride

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Well than, that is a nice looking sled you got there.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha .. thank you ... i like the artic cat ... i wanted a firecat

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
looks like it was fun

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
back home theres about that much as well. hopefully when exams are done there will be enought to ride in. im praying for alot more snow for the next week and a half. wish me luck haha

·
Registered
522 Posts
Originally posted by brnr17
[br]down by Lake Geneva Wisconsin
i live about 40 minutes north of you along hyw 89 we only had like 4-5 inches but it all blew in the ditches I think my brother and I put on like 30 miles ditch banging...

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Kenosha trails were not opened.....you must have been riding illegally.
Don't ride this weekend, it is the late gun deer season.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
iron county was open ... we called the sheriff's department ... and for the county lake geneva is in .. i forget what it's called .. .we asked other sledders who called and said it was open and we asked the guys putting up the last of the posts for the trail and they also said they were open so nope NOT ILLEGAL .. but thanks for the concern ha

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by xcr_racing
[br]
[br]down by Lake Geneva Wisconsin
i live about 40 minutes north of you along hyw 89 we only had like 4-5 inches but it all blew in the ditches I think my brother and I put on like 30 miles ditch banging...
nice .. .ditch bangin is fun ... but better be careful .. ACEXLT might jump on ur ass for it lol

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
[br]iron county was open ... we called the sheriff's department ... and for the county lake geneva is in .. i forget what it's called .. .we asked other sledders who called and said it was open and we asked the guys putting up the last of the posts for the trail and they also said they were open so nope NOT ILLEGAL .. but thanks for the concern ha
If they were still putting up signs, the trails were not inspected
Trails cannot be opened until they are inspected(State law). In southern WI,the agreement between the landowners and state doesn't start until Dec. 15th. If snow permits, they will be opened Dec 11th though.
Believe me, I made all kinds of calls to clubs and this is what I was told.

Everybody thinks just because there is snow on the ground, you can ride. This is part of the reason why we lose trails every year and why alot of people frown on swomobiling.

Aas always, a handful of people ruin it for the others.

Anytime someone ruins the sport for the rest of us by doing something iillegal, of course I am going to jump on them.

The problem is that there are way too many people that don't know rules and regulations, that ride snowmobiles.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
then why would the sheriff dept tell me they were open, along with every other snowmobiler out there. some called the sheriff dept. some called a snowmobile club ... some asked the trail people, everyone came up with the same answer ... so dont make me out to be a fkn bad guy.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I have been calling around and getting mixed answers myself. Cty says one thing and local clubs say another. So who do you beleive.

·
Registered
384 Posts
[br]iron county was open ...
I am in Iron County WI if that's your reference. Our trails are closed until 12/11. Our land owners have asked for the gates to remain closed until after the special antlerless hunt 12/7 through 12/10

This is also posted on the Hurley Chamber of Commerce website.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Just called this # 608-757-5450 at rock cty and she told me not open till the 11th as deer hunting is on till the 10th.

Called this one 1-920-699-7669 and said closed also.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Yea sorry every where i called including Lake Geneva is closed untill the 11th. I wanted to go out real bad but just did some ditch bangin and riding at my sisters big field where its legal!
P.s.Nice sleds!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts