Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 1997 xlt 600 limited w/900 miles on it and finally was able to ride for the first time last weekend - finally got enough snow in ND. First ride in 28 years and wow has things changed. This sled rides so nice, power etc wish I would have started years ago now. I had posted a suspension question and all seems to be fine I think it's just how the xtra 12 is - it rides so good I doubt if anything is wrong after all. Thanks to all who answered my questions though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice to hear that your back into the sport. Hope ya have fun!!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
if you think the extra 12 rides nice you should try the m10....talk about floating on a cloud....no soar backs w/ this suspension.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Geeze I hate to date myself - sound like an old fart, well maybe....I should have mentioned some things don't change. After several minutes of getting the feel, I had to peg the throttle, was disappointed with only a tad over 70mph - was hoping for 90. This thing should go 90 right??

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Originally posted by 73vette
[br]Geeze I hate to date myself - sound like an old fart, well maybe....I should have mentioned some things don't change. After several minutes of getting the feel, I had to peg the throttle, was disappointed with only a tad over 70mph - was hoping for 90. This thing should go 90 right??
It should show you 90 on the speedo easily.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
it should hit 90 no problem, keep in mind that is on a flat surface or going across the lake or some thing like that. Its easy to get ahead of yourself on a sled, go easy, last thing we need is another statistic.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
not unless you are riding on real wet snow that pulls very hard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts