Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bunch of friends of mine and I went out to this pond not too far from my house tonight to do a little racing.. they've been doing radar runs on it for the past 2 or 3 weekends so it's nice and safe and now it's got like 4" of snow on top of it.. there's a good almost 1/4 stretch that all the dragging and radar runs take place at and that's where we did most of the riding tonight considering the conditions of the local trails..

There was probably about 9 or 10 sleds out there at one point, most of the people we didn't even know.. but in our group we had a brand new f7 that only has like 65 miles on it, a 2002 600 xc sp that hammers, a 1998 vmax xtc 600 that has 7000 miles on it and still goes damn good, and my 2001 600 edge x..

My sled ate up everything on the lake except the f7 which was even a pretty good match.. I got 114 out of her on that stretch and she still was climbing but i had to let of the hammer because there is a little strip of land that comes out into the pond but i could fly right over it if i wanted to.

Sunday is the big day at Runaround.. going to be a ton of people down there dragging and there are also radar runs, we'll see what the ol' edge x pulls then..

I'll keep you guys updated.. [8D]

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
Sounds awesome man! Man I wish I could go rippin around. I absolutly HAVE to see what my Pro X 600 can do!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Polaris-Man
[br]Sounds awesome man! Man I wish I could go rippin around. I absolutly HAVE to see what my Pro X 600 can do!
Ya.. I was gonna buy a brand new Pro X 700 but I got offered a really good deal on my sled from my uncle who owns Power Equipment Plus up in Sidney..

I imagine that Pro X 600 is good for no more than 120 but close.. it's gonna be fun for damn sure!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Maybe my pop's can bring me up there tomorrow, its only 30-45 minutes away.... See what my pro X 600 can do as well???

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
So where is this Runaround Pond anyway? I live in Waterville (grew up in Sidney). I know they have a lot of radar runs on Togus Pond, but have never heard of Runaround.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Tfin70
[br]So where is this Runaround Pond anyway? I live in Waterville (grew up in Sidney). I know they have a lot of radar runs on Togus Pond, but have never heard of Runaround.
Runaround Pond is right off of Rabbit Road in Durham.. That probably doesn't mean much to you but it's really easy to find..

From what I have seen on the weather, next weekend could possibly be a good one for radar runs. It is supposed to be cold throughout the week and we are supposed to be getting sporadic flurries all week.

If you are interested in coming down and taking part in the runs next weekend if they are happening I would be glad to try and meet you somewhere remotely easy to find and you could just follow me to Runaround.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Thanks for the invite, but I'm pretty much booked all weekend due to previous engagements. But I'll certainly keep it in mind for future references though. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts