Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new 06' Polaris switchback this morning. Its a 900 cleanfire, supersonic blue, 144" with 1.25" track, reverse, & electric start.

I'll have to say I am very impressed! I put 25 miles on it and had nothing but fun with my 5year old son riding with me the whole time. The mountain bar loop makes a good handle for him to hang onto. We both had a permagrin on our faces the whole time.

The sled pulls like crazy, feels like some serious g-force when you mash the throttle. After 25 miles of pretty much mild riding and only reaching a top speed of 65 mph, I just couldn't resist, I dropped my son off at the trailer and he watched as I took one last rip up the feild before I loaded it on the trailer. I gave it a good birst of WOT and then backed off! The digital screen was in the performance mode which reads the top speed. The screen read 98 mph top speed. Wow! I haven't gone that speed ever on a sled of my own! The sled was still accelerating but I ran out of balls and feild! On the way back down the feild I noticed there was at least a 100 yards where there was no ski marks, just the track imprint.

Then I ramped a few ridges near the trailer and caught some air. 3-4ft high (thats air to me ok) Does these sleds ever have awesome suspension! It felt like I was landing in soft powder.

I just love the reverse and the electric start, also the fuel injection is awesome! I haven't pulled the recoil once yet! I notice a little bit of vibration through the tunnel at mid to high rpm, but its pretty minor. I will trade the power and monster torque for this little vibration any day! The only thing it needs is a little more lug height. The skis never seem to stay on the ground half the time though, so I guess it has plenty of traction. I just think it could use more track lug height ( my 2 cents).

Overall I love it! [:D] Its the first new sled I've ever owned. Anyways, I'll post some photos soon!

·
Registered
945 Posts
congrats on the new sled... many people on these forums who have the 06 switch 900 love them. You can't beat the torque that the poo 900s make.

Get some pics up soon.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
sounds like a good time. take good care of the sled and some day you can hand it down. the heck with the 900. we just want a 5 year old.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
cant go wrong with the 900. I had the opposite problem with my vibrations. I had them at low end till about 3000 rpm's. then they quit. but not as bad as most people say. lets see some pics.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sled sounds nice man! Have fun on it!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Originally posted by madcow
[br]sounds like a good time. take good care of the sled and some day you can hand it down. the heck with the 900. we just want a 5 year old.
Practice makes perfect![:D]

And speaking on the track: give it 250-400 miles or so to get a good feel for it, then maybe look around for a 1.5" or 1.75" height. If you are worried about the paddles bending over, you could pick up a used paddle track and cut them down, makes'em real stiff.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
sounds like it was fun

1 - 9 of 9 Posts