Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my first sled and new to the clan. I am a novice but working my way through some of the issues. Anyone out there have and tips, hints, suggestions helpful sites/info to share?

·
Registered
98 Posts
sure, the firs thing I would do is trade it for a polaris.... No just kidding, My buddy had one and it seemed to be a good sled didn't handle the best but was quick on sraight runs. Welcome to sledding, your gonna love it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 95 and it has been great. Hard to start when it is -25 or less so what I do is put a car warmer under the hood for an hour or so. Once it warms up a bit it goes right away. Unfortunately it doesn't have much rear suspension so can be rough to ride. Great thing about it, is the low center of gravity which makes it very stable for all ages.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Always start your sled be for unloading it that way if for some reason it dosent start you dont have to kill yourself loading it

·
Registered
11 Posts
truckertpo said:
I just purchased my first sled and new to the clan. I am a novice but working my way through some of the issues. Anyone out there have and tips, hints, suggestions helpful sites/info to share?
I still have my second new sled A red 600 Vmax. I have put that sled through HELL and back With very little maintenance. The thing is bullet prof. Very fast and the last of the 600 twins. I have upgraded several times sinse then but still kept that one. They do make after market all plastic skis. use woodys 4" carbide runners and you cant go wrong. Great starter sled. Like I said has plenty of nut. You will find the seat a little wide and not the best suspension for the bumps. Makes sore thighs and hip sockets on the 200 mile rider but if the sled has been maintained it will do it and you will love it. WARNING. Sleading is very addictiving and expensive. When it comes time to up grade your sled, pick the one you want and buy one with at least 200 more cc's
Learn your hand signals and respect the land owners. With out them we are all screwed.
Have a great year and stay safe.

Patrick Greenlaw
Lebanon, Maine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts