Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are newbies to sledding. Our 2000 SXR's (500 & 700) are waiting to teach us what it's all about. Have we gotten in over our heads? Will these beasts be good to learn the sport? What's your opinion of these sleds overall? I hear they are fast! Did I get a good deal for the two of them with a ride on/off two place trailer @ $3900.00?[/font=Comic Sans MS][/color=blue]

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I can tell you the 700 will be better on gas than the 500. both are good reliable machines. Sounds like a pretty good buy to me, how many miles are on each?

·
Registered
368 Posts
depending on where you ride in central oregon, you purchased trail sleds. keep that in mind. your not going to get far off the groomed trail and have fun. stick with the groomed trails and enjoy! sounds like a good deal, lots can be done to these sleds performance wise.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Those sleds are great. Do you have any pictures? What kind of milage do the have? If they are in good condition then I'd say it was a fair deal. If they were maintained properly by the previous owner you should have a blast this winter.

·
Registered
453 Posts
wakeboarderboy i seen you got a new sled!! dude that thing is sickkk!!! i have wanted one for so long and never got around to buyin one, so im just moddin my gen 2 frame. i have a 800 motor goin in, 136 track goin on and deciding wether to go with my own custom freestyle seat or spend the cash for a shorty.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
motorheaderr said:
wakeboarderboy i seen you got a new sled!! dude that thing is sickkk!!! i have wanted one for so long and never got around to buyin one, so im just moddin my gen 2 frame. i have a 800 motor goin in, 136 track goin on and deciding wether to go with my own custom freestyle seat or spend the cash for a shorty.
Haha siick. I got my work cut out for me though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
motorheaderr said:
i seen the pics of the busted off ski and what not,, what else is wrong with it?
You must have seen something else. The skiis are all in good shape. Only some scratches here and there from barbed wire encounter. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts