Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this was my first sno-cross race this past saturday. First ever actually and second time on a track ever. I was pretty nervous going into it but after the practice laps I calmed down a bit. I did 2 heats and qualified for the main because there was only 4 people in my class (sport Stock).
First race my sled bogged and I lost the holeshot. I started gaining ground though by riding out of limits barely in control. I Passed the first of the three ahead of me through the whoops. Did a couple corners and through a set of doubles and passed another one right before the finish line jump. I ripped across the straightaway and was starting to gain on 1st then I didn't slow down enough for a corner and went off the track and then when I started to try and chase everyone down again I went pounding through the whoops without rhythm and twisted my throttle block down so It got a lot harder to drive and I didnt pass anyone after that.
Second heat I lost the holeshot again after a bit of bogging and I started to realize that my bars weren't setup quite right for the race because through all the sharp corners I was having a hard time turning and getting a good grip on the throttle. I also realized that my strategy of just pounding through the rhythm section wasn't paying off. Everyone else was going through with perfect timing and thats where I started to fall back and also get knocked off and then on the next lap manage to turn my bars down. I managed a third though because a guy infront of me wrecked and was slow getting going again.
Main I managed to stay with the pack through the holeshot because I made sure my sled didn't idle to long and load up. I really started to feel the fatigue through this longer series of Laps and see how adversly my bar positioning was hurting me. That and my lack of timing and rhythm through the whoops which were pretty deep and nasty by this point. I managed to make it through them the first two laps and the 3rd and 4th laps I fell off and and managed to get stuck in the whoops on the 4th because it was ground down to ice and I had to turn my sled sideways and drive off and back on the track. Everyone finished a lap ahead of me and I was considering just driving off the track and calling it good but then I remembered what my friend told me and that was no matter what finish so I went ahead and did one more lap and managed to hang on through the whoops this time.
For the next race I plan to put my other bars on make sure they're positioned just right for me so I won't have any problems. I'm also going to get my front shocks rebuilt I saw post-race one was blown and that I'm going to put the rest of my studs in. I've got two weeks till the next race and I plan to get out to the track at least once to practice my rhythm and speed through the turns.
Anyways here's the pics.
[attachment=57409]
Me on the left waiting for the heat to get started.
[attachment=57410]
[attachment=57411]
Couple jumps on the backside of the track.
[attachment=57412]
Me catching up with my sled after I got bucked.
[attachment=57413]
Couple friends of mine who race semi-pro who gave me some help through the day.

Attachments

·
Registered
999 Posts
Good show. It will take time, I don't race snocross but it is still the same with cross country, you will get it.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
looks like fun. dont worry in all due time you will get the hang of it and perform better.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
sweet man. i've only raced one race so far, that was the one back in december. had to miss a couple this month but looking to race again this coming weekend. glad you got back on it and finished. i crashed on my first lap of my first heat race but ya gotta get back up and finish!

·
Registered
625 Posts
It takes practice and with that you will be less nervous.Nerves can be the biggest culprit in racing.I noticed you said you raced sport stock and there was 4 in the class.Our last race in Malone NY there was 55 in sport stock;5 heats of 11.That ment 25 never even made the LCQ.Get in a few weekends of practice and you will see a big difference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
get off the peace of **** sleds n ride a real race sled rev it up they shouldint allow u guy to race thos slow peaces of ****

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Originally posted by mxz440x
[br]get off the peace of **** sleds n ride a real race sled rev it up they shouldint allow u guy to race thos slow peaces of ****
Nice guy here. Atleast he has the balls to go out and try his luck at racing. Tell us about your last race mxz440x and how you did. He could probably still run circles around you. Riley

·
Registered
25 Posts
my last race i got landed on n broke 4 ribs cant race till end of feb but last race 2nd n how bnout u my 440 would eat u

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
[br]get off the peace of **** sleds n ride a real race sled rev it up they shouldint allow u guy to race thos slow peaces of ****
They shouldnt allow 12 yearolds like you on this site either but stuff slips by apparently.

Looked like you had some fun! When is your next race?

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
ahhh where to start.First off there is NO bashing of ANY kind allowed on this site. First warning.

and its not peace, its piece. when posting a new reply, please use the spell check feature.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
[br]im 17 teen n i race end of feb
I wasnt asking you, but anyways Halvortec any more plans for racing.[;)][xx(]

·
Registered
201 Posts
hey little guy just because his mommy and daddy don't buy him everything he asks for doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to race with everyone else

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I bought this sled myself two years ago and even on pump gas and only 1/3 of my studs in I still kept up with the rev on my holeshot and around the track, Its way more about the rider than anything. I think its good enough to finish out this season on. I got plans to get a new sled this spring for next season[:p]

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
MXZ440 I do race but there is a thing called age that limits me to drags and speedruns. As far as your 440 eating me I don't think so. Here is my sled. Riley
[br]my last race i got landed on n broke 4 ribs cant race till end of feb but last race 2nd n how bnout u my 440 would eat u
[attachment=57707]

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
[br]my last race i got landed on n broke 4 ribs cant race till end of feb but last race 2nd n how bnout u my 440 would eat u
wow THNX ALOT for being a dik
Give the guy some credit!!!!!! its his first race!!!!!! and soo wat how many REVS did u see in the line up????????? UM one
I dont even understand what would cause you to post such BS and insult someone like that
GROW UP!!!!!!!!!

Looks good halVORTEX Best of luck in the next races

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
[br]im 17 teen n i race end of feb
so are you lieing about your age in this post or your profile? i just read all your posts, they're all pretty much useless.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts