Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, for all of you in the Michigan reigon our first snow cross race of the season is coming up in August. its August 22nd and 23rd. Its located in Greenville, MI. I was there last year and it was a great show. Guys dont forget this race is held on REAL SNOW!!! They have races for the mini sleds, 3 or so different divisions on the snow cross track. They also have the grass drags going on on the same grounds. You can pretty much sit right between the two different tracks and watch both types of racing. Let us not forget the swap meet, and all of the tents where they sell the new parts. All of the manufacturers are there and usually bring their new stuff. (ex. last year Yami brought a cutaway RX-1) If any of you run the mfg oil this is the place to stock up on it. Anyways i will put the link on here for some additional info. If you guys are any where near the area, this may give you some temporary relief for that itchy throttle thumb, i know it does for me!

http://www.nelsonsspeedshop.com/Sno-Motion2004.htm

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Sounds like a blast! Wish I was in the area, but Michigan is a little to much of a drive from Maine. Have fun and be sure to post some pics for those of us who can't make it.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We do a lot of praying to the snow gods...hahaha. No seriously, they have snow making machines brought in and a few semi trailers full of liquid nitrogen. add some water and voila you have snow. Its a sight for sore eyes believe me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey thats a cool idea, I wonder what the cost would be to build an August snow track? That would create a big draw over here in western NY...

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i didnt actually make it....ended up moving to school that weekend....heard it went really well though....huge crowds, snow on the track and lots of parts accessories on sale. I'll be there next year with bells on....anyone else goin let me know, we could get a TUSF group all setup right next to the track

1 - 7 of 7 Posts