Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2 500 XCSP's in March. I added stabalizer to the tank and ran that through and I also fogged the carbs at that time. I also put the fogger in the plug holes as well. I have not started them since. My question is, is there anything I need to know before I start these up or do I just let 'er rip?

Someone recomended seafoam in the tank. Is this necessary?

I have new plugs on hand which I will install after I do this initial start up so they are fresh before I start to ride for the year. I'll also perform the other tune-ups but my concern is this initial start.

I plan on starting then tomorrow so if you could respond today that would be great.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I personally just start mine!! However before they are actually ridden I make sure to clean the carbs to make sure that no crap got in them over the summer then change the plugs and they are ready to go!! Of course make sure to do all your other pre season tune ups before your first real ride!!

DW

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Let'r rip. Sounds like you did everything well.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
One thing I do to make the first start up easier is.
Turn the gas valve on, Take off the gas cap and blow into the gas tank pressurizing it( you have to seal the whole opening with your face) this fills your gas lines, pump and carbs. Then I pull it over a couple times with the choke on and ignition off. Then I turn the ignition on and she usually fires right up.
This year it fired up right on the third pull(the first pull with the ignition on)

·
Registered
231 Posts
seafoam is great I used it on my truck, 4 wheelers, and snowmobiles when they started sounding a little rough, what is does is clean the injectors, lubricate the upper cylinder, and helps clean the carbs. I'll probably need to do that this year.

·
Registered
231 Posts
fallow the directions though, don't just pour to it in.

·
Registered
963 Posts
you should be good to go but they will smoke a lot for a couple of minutes until the carbs burn off any excess product on them.

oh yeah and welcome to the site you should like it here!!!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
unless you want to pull you're guts out ,would pull the plugs and squirt some fresh premix gas down the holes ,sure does make them start a lot easier

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Should be ready to rip it up. I usually dont fog, I just start it every Couple weeks and let it run till the heat exchangers get good and hot. I always clean my carbs, belt, clutches and exhaust valves every fall. As well as grease all the zerks.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I would just pull them apart and clean them good. To do both it shouldnt take much more than a 1/2 hour. The pilots get plugged up pretty easily.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am a FIRM believer in seafoam! remember to read instructions! it cleans them out good! I use it in everything i own every year! Good luck! [:D]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.