Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally took my new (to me) 2000 Polaris SKS 700 out for an 11 hour journey. It was my bud on his 2003 Ski-Doo REV X 600 and myself actually. We pretty much made our own trail through the forest, following a DC power line from our town to my work. 100 km there and back. We had to break down a few trees (with our sleds) and get our machines unstuck numerous times. Was a pretty good time :D We had now anywhere from 1-4 feet deep at times!

What do you guys think ;)

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Looks like the guy on the REV got a little vertical...LOL.
Nice pics.

·
Super Moderator
11,281 Posts
That looks to fun,wish we could have that much snow.Nice pics and sleds

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
special high output I think...

and I don't think there is such a thing as a tempo SHO. Like a car with a type R sticker with 4 doors, lmao :)

-Dean

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I choose tempsho because im planning a taurus SHO engine swap in the near future. First tempo to have an sho in it. I just keep the same screen name on all the forums I belong to. Easier to remember that way.

·
Registered
150 Posts
nice job on the rev :) Getting sensual with the ground eh? I've done that before with a few more feet of air on my dads 800 151. *take note, long tracks are hard to jump.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I LOVE the 700 sks. It is an AWESOME machine. Just right for me. [:)] Also, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
do u use a video camera for that, or u just snap pics really fast w/ diggy cam? cuz u got lots of clsoe pics of the REV goin vertical

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Originally posted by Tempsho
[br]I choose tempsho because im planning a taurus SHO engine swap in the near future. First tempo to have an sho in it. I just keep the same screen name on all the forums I belong to. Easier to remember that way.
I hope you are kidding. Not only would that be the biggest waste of time and money, but I simply don't think it would fit. Save your money, and trade that thing in for a SHO or better yet, a contour SVT.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Originally posted by intendedacceleration
[br]
[br]I choose tempsho because im planning a taurus SHO engine swap in the near future. First tempo to have an sho in it. I just keep the same screen name on all the forums I belong to. Easier to remember that way.
I hope you are kidding. Not only would that be the biggest waste of time and money, but I simply don't think it would fit. Save your money, and trade that thing in for a SHO or better yet, a contour SVT.
It's the whole 'built not bought theory'.. You do something to be unique.. and different.. So when people see it they say things just like that.. "I never thought that would have fit" or "wow".. To have something that is custom that you built not some off the shelf item.. I put a small block in my Mazda pickup.. of course it would have been cheaper to go buy a mustang.. but that's not the point at all.. Some poeple get it some people don't.. Frankly I don't leave any of my vehicles stock..

Anyways this is way off topic, Good luck w/ the car..

Sweet pic's too.. nice lookin' sled..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey intendedacceleration, it is possible. Check this guys page

http://www.rkgraphics.net/topazsho/

Wouldnt some punk in a honduh, or a 5.0 feel like an idiot if he was was beat in a race by a tempo. And if I have the money and the time, then why not.

Yeah, im pretty happy with my SKS. Its a 136" track with 1 1/4" paddles. I can jump it pretty easily. Nothing crazy though.

We were using my buds Kodak digital camera. It has this "burst" mode, where it takes 8 pictures in about 1-2 seconds (each picture is 0.8 mega pixels) So the quality it pretty good too.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
[br]hey intendedacceleration, it is possible. Check this guys page

http://www.rkgraphics.net/topazsho/

Wouldnt some punk in a honduh, or a 5.0 feel like an idiot if he was was beat in a race by a tempo. And if I have the money and the time, then why not.
Hmmmm, interesting. I still pose the question as why though. Why start with one of the sloppyest (is that a word even?) chassis that ford or anyone else ever made. Your handling is going to suck, it will impossible to get a good launch out of it. I'd be willing to bet that you would still have a tough time with 5.0's just due to the fact that you simply will not be able to hook up at all. As for the the honduh's, I don't think I have anything to worry about for some time [:D]. Don't get me wrong, I am all for modding your car but why start with something that you know will just hold you back? Instead start with something like a contour SVT that has excellent handling (for a front driver anyhow). I do like your attitude though replying to me and others with our comments! You should check out my other home on the web at www.mnsportcompacts.net where I am a forum and club admin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice pics I have an 03 SKS 700 Myself. ANd so far I am in love. i liked them before they were in the edge chasssis . now I love em.

Why did your bud on the rev bail??? looks like he could have road it out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, i really wanted the '03 SKS, but I couldnt justify spending $12,000 on a sled.

He bailed, just in case it went right over and landed on him. You dont want a 500 lb sled crushing you upside down, it might tickle a bit.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
intended.. everyone has their own things.. i say go for it if you want to bad enough you can make it work.. and i bet you will give a lot of people a run for their money too.i think it would be pretty wicked to take a motor outa an sc and do hella work to the chassis and make it rear wheel drive. it would take a looong time and a lot of money unless you are really good at fabricating. but that would haul like H.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by 98mxzx440
[br]I have a taurus sho. That thing will kick antythings a$$!
lmao. No it won't. It will beat most normal cars though. Wouldn't even take a 5.0 stang or a 350 camaro/firebird tho, which are fast, but in reality, not that fast.

-Dean

1 - 20 of 33 Posts