Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW! Went for a quick ride around here for the first time on my 800 xcr..UNBELIEVABLE!! I cant believe the response when you burp the throttle. Night and day compared to the ultra.. cant wait for more snow!!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh ! The power of the 800 is remarkable! I bet you grinned ear to ear for a while after too.[;)][:D]

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Originally posted by sled_boy666
[br]the first time i was on a 800 was hen i was 12 it had a NOS injection and WOW did that go fast
Ummmm...ok... great way to start off being on the site. I'm sure others would agree with me. But anyway welcome.
As for your XCR, yes those are known to be an extremely fast sleds. Put some SLP triple pipes on there and you would probably crap your pants.[:p]

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Yeah you like that do you? After you have enough snow to get a really good feel for it, go and do some of the riding you did with the Ultra. You'll find that where you could pin the throttle and keep it there, you cannot do this with the 800. If you get into it, you will always be on the edge. That is what is so exciting about the beast, you know at any time you can make even the most boring trail a white knuckle, stink-of-your-fear, bile-in-your-throat type of ride. :)

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
haha. I think everyone that owned an xcr can remember the first day they puched it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well to weigh in on this I dont have an XCR 800 but I did go from a 94 xcr 440 to a 2001 XC800 and let me tell you - not sure I could ever go back to anything but an 800. Tons of power and torque etc. You do get used to all that power on demand. How do 600's and 700's compare to the grunt of the 800?

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Originally posted by edgex600rider
[br]
Originally posted by sled_boy666
[br]the first time i was on a 800 was hen i was 12 it had a NOS injection and WOW did that go fast
Ummmm...ok... great way to start off being on the site. I'm sure others would agree with me. But anyway welcome.
As for your XCR, yes those are known to be an extremely fast sleds. Put some SLP triple pipes on there and you would probably crap your pants.[:p]
AGREED!!! put slp pipes on that baby! man what i would do to ride one of those sleds lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
ok im not trying to start any kinda fight here but you all must be talking racing across the lake or flat land racing? cuz here the triples are not a big fav..its more twins are the big thing for steep and deep. the xcr 800 sounds like a rocket but hows it put going up hill?..like i said i`m NOT looking to start anything here just wanna know more about this 800

·
Registered
291 Posts
check out most of the modded mountain sleds with the big power they are tripples...people are getting soft now adays...they all want a light weight machines...hmm makes me wonder how they did it back in the early to mid 90's when tripples were the craze...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Originally posted by ludvic
[br]Well to weigh in on this I dont have an XCR 800 but I did go from a 94 xcr 440 to a 2001 XC800 and let me tell you - not sure I could ever go back to anything but an 800. Tons of power and torque etc. You do get used to all that power on demand. How do 600's and 700's compare to the grunt of the 800?

Thanks,

My 700 would stay right with an 800 till about the 1500 foot mark last year. now accoriding to rond's a 800 with a single wont run with it in 1000' they were testing a 04 800 twin with a hotseat single at the same time they were running mine let just say the had it out a few times and according to the mechanics it was not even close.

and my buddies 600 x2 hole shot the same as mine but dies after about 50mph. so the 600 and 700 have about the same pull bottom end wise as a 800 but topend or rolling unless its modded there not the same.

cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have a 2003 pro x 440 with a 700 in it and man does that thing have balls compared to the old 440 engine and it goes pretty damn fast too just a lil to front end heavy for me.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the difference between a well setup xcr vs an edge 800 twin is day and night. I only raced a couple 700 twins. some have been piped. it isnt even a race. with my paddle track on I can hook up as good as them and thats the last time I see them. with my .5 lug track on the lakes and trails with no studs I loose the 500-800' pretty easy. but at the 1/4 mile I can let off and wave with my right hand and hit the gas to pass them again. I raced a viper one time both of us had stock pipes. I literally shut the sled off by hitting the kill switch, waved at him that I killed it. he didnt stop. so I started it again and still beat him in 1000'

for the deep stuff it probably isnt the greatest mountain sled. gen 2 is pretty heavy and doesnt get on top of the snow like the newer sleds do.
I have a 144 kit on mine for trail riding and it is silly how much snow you can go through.
a lightwieht hood and some light wieght pipes will make it a better moutain sled than any other gen 2 sled. the drivability of this motor is unreal how far off on temps with a stock motor and jetting you can be. it has tons of bottom end like a twin and winds out like a triple should.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I ride a twin and I don't care what anybody says, if you want straight up arm ripping power, a triple/triple is the ONLY way to go!!

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Wish I had one, but they are hard to come by because they are such a good engine.

ludvic your 800 is comparable to a 700 with VES, the 600VES will run with you out to about 50-65mph then you will take it. The jump from my 700 to your 800 is quit different you will be alot more snappy than mine.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by STEVE650
[br]just curious guys, in what year polaris stop making the triple 800 engine???
2003, someone on this forum has it ( it looks really good and all ) it has yellow splash graphics, jonsie is the name ( I think, not sure of the extact spelling )

EDIT: wait a minute, it might have been 2002 for ski doo it was 2003 ( 800 cc 3 cylinders )

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Got mine out today for the first time for about 15 miles on the lake. Nice sled. Smooth, comfortable and goes like stink even in stock trim. Feels quite a bit stronger than my 700. Cant imagine what Madcows is like.

[attachment=56902]

1 - 20 of 49 Posts