Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Been checking this site out for a couple of years now but never got around to registering.
A little about me:
Long time Sled head, Have never spent a winter without a sled and don't plan to in the future. currently I own 3 sleds all polaris (but I'm not really brand loyal)
They are 97 XLT, 97 XC600, and a 95 RXL
Just wanted to say, I think it is a great site and has been very helpful.
Hope I can contribute to the site
Thanks
Diezel

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Interesting that you have both a 97 xlt and a 97 xc. Were they not both the same motors that year?

What are your impressions on the real and preceived differences between the two sleds.

dan

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum. Well, you have been around it sounds like. Congrats on signing up!! Much better, isn't it. hehe [:)]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Pigboy,
To answer your questions:
"Interesting that you have both a 97 xlt and a 97 xc. Were they not both the same motors that year?"

You are part right, the block was the same the internal porting is different. Carbs are 38mm on both and the XLT (its a special) has the xtra 12 where the XC has the 10

"What are your impressions on the real and preceived differences between the two sleds."

They handle completley different, the XLT special is more of a plush ride where the XC is much more nimble. The XLT is not quite as responsive engine wise as the XC.
That was even before I did all of the work on the XC. Clutch Kit, Pipes, gearing etc...
Make sense?
I put most of my mod money into the XC if you couldnt tell. I just like the way I can toss it around on the trails.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bobinwi
I'll get some pictures up eventually. I don't have a digital camera but I can borrow one from work. It will probably be next week though I am heading out of town to go deer hunting tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
u been checking it out for 2 years and just now joined??? geez, i checked this out one day and joined that day bout 2 years ago

welcome aboard, if uve seen everything for 2 years i have no doubt u will be an excellent addition to the forum

1 - 15 of 15 Posts