Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/rvs/2029936729.html

I talked him down a little bit but it's still hell of a drive.

I can't find any 440's where I live there all in MN.

Is this sled like the pro x's

hp around 105?

The sled is a 99

He took my offer of 1650 what do you guys think? I wont really be trail riding it. It's going to be used as a ditch banging sled for jumping it will be rode hard will it take the beating?

·
Registered
384 Posts
snowmobileguy said:
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/rvs/2029936729.html

I talked him down a little bit but it's still hell of a drive.

I can't find any 440's where I live there all in MN.

Is this sled like the pro x's

hp around 105?

The sled is a 99

He took my offer of 1650 what do you guys think? I wont really be trail riding it. It's going to be used as a ditch banging sled for jumping it will be rode hard will it take the beating?
that sled aint a 99. its a 2001. maybe 02, but probable not. 01 was the new look. if it were a 99 it would have the different seat and hood design.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
polarisman10 said:
that sled aint a 99. its a 2001. maybe 02, but probable not. 01 was the new look. if it were a 99 it would have the different seat and hood design.
I've got a 2000 Edge 600. I think the 440 Edges did first come out in '99.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
polarisman10 said:
Nope.
Its got the old style 440 motor, which means it's either a 1999 XCR 440 SP or a 2000 XC 440 SP. These were both pre-productions of "Edge" chassis. All the suspension is a one-off. The '99 XCR SP actually has a coil over spring on the rear shock. If it were me, I'd stay away because A) I don't care for finnicky 440's and B) finding parts will be tough due to the uniqueness of one-time preproduction run.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I think it's pretty cool that the rear shock has a coil over spring. I also forgot that the Edge 440's have TRUE dual rate springs on the front shocks, which are really nice. (Have the two separate springs with a different rate each, not the variable rate springs). However that's not enough reason to own one. If I remember right too, I think I've seen you post sleds in the Eau Claire CL... Waverly is pretty damn far. Waverly is even quite a ways west of just the western Minneapolis suburbs.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
That sled is before the pro-x even though a pro-x are pretty close chassis wise, the pro-x is built a lot stronger than the edge 440. The only ones I have seen were in Slednecks 3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMh_j-OVycg&feature=fvst

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Why would you start talking price when you haven't even seen it?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like I have to keeping on looking. I see a lot of 440 pro x's for sale but I am not paying 2500-3000 for one the most I would spend is 1700. Just because I won't be riding it all that much I have the storm for trail riding=)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well he is asking 1,750 for the sled I wanted to make sure he would take 1,650 before I drive 5 hours one way that's why.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
440 edge race sled. for 1600 bucks if its in nice shape i would buy it without a second thought. I am 260 lbs and that is the only sled i have ever flew like a bird with and landed without a big crunch or pain. it sucked as a trail sled. but for ditch banging the thing was astounding.

tempa flow will take care of the fussy jetting. strong running sled. a 150 lb guy on that 440 stock would give most 700's of the day a run for there money in drag races.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
madcow said:
440 edge race sled. for 1600 bucks if its in nice shape i would buy it without a second thought. I am 260 lbs and that is the only sled i have ever flew like a bird with and landed without a big crunch or pain. it sucked as a trail sled. but for ditch banging the thing was astounding.

tempa flow will take care of the fussy jetting. strong running sled. a 150 lb guy on that 440 stock would give most 700's of the day a run for there money in drag races.
Sounds about like what you want it for, if everything checks out good on it i would get it[thumb]

·
Registered
784 Posts
My friend has one of those, all and all its a great sled. fast, great handling, can pull wheelies sitting down. Theres two things his is a 2000 and he has monster stickers on it. Its way faster now[thumb][;)]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts