Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
January 28th we are taking off to the blackhills SD, was wondering what to expect and any great info would be great. never rode anything other then lakes and trails in northern minnesota
Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
not going to be much different. black hills arnt mountains, just small rolling hills. I hope your not putting alot into that trip cause they dont get much snow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i guess its not the only place we are riding also i guess we are makign it farther west also. i believe yeller stone was also on the list. any other good areas to hit while in that area?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
instead of going to the hills go to the bighorns. I live in Gillette WY right between the big horns and black hills. the horns are 5 times as good as the hills. probably 3-4 feet more snow, lots more trail, and the black hills dont have much open areas to go play in the powder if they have any. the horns have thousands of open acres. I rode the hills once 4 years ago and have never been back. the horns are that much better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think that was the other option we had was big horns, now that you say it. i'm new to out west and plan to make a 2-3 times a year run

·
Registered
80 Posts
I aggree i have ridden in the hills many times when i was younger and it is nothing like the big horns i will never go back to the hills even though it is about 6-7 hours closer to me. The hills are somewhere between the flat land and the real mountians. your uesed to riding trails and lakes that is all you will ride in the hills to other than some small hills to climb. They let the trails get very bad also. you would probably be alright going on the 28th for trails though. Good luck to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts