Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took apart the base on my 97 Thundercat and the countershaft is wrecked up ,, one of teeth on the gear was chewed up and now one of my bearings on my crankshaft is iffy. So i'm not sure of the cost on getting that fixed, but i can get a 2001 Thundercat 1000cc engine with cluth and everything for 1200$. Am i better off geting mine fixed or for that price just get the new engine (wich would also have way less milage)?? any suggestions,, cause i've never had to get a crank redone or don't know if you can get just the crank alone??? what would be smarter here.
thanks

·
Registered
608 Posts
Why is this engine for sale? You should be able to get your crank rebuilt for a few hundred dollars. For 1200 dollars you can totaly rebuild your entire engine and you won't have to worry about what the other engine went through.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip ,
I was thinking of getting that other engine because he's giving the cluth and carbs with it as well,, and people keep telling me that for 1200$ it's a hell of a deal.
But i see your point on what that other engine went through. I'm going to see it tonight and it's supposed to come out of a 2001 t-cat machine that was wrecked and only has 800 miles on it. And i've called a few places out here and i don't know were you can get a crank fixed for a couple hundred bucks ,, but over here it's nothing cheaper then 800$.???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts