Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,so my dad's friend wants me to fix his Yamaha ExciterII.I picked it up yesterday and started work on it today.I pulled off the carbs(this has to be the hardest sled to get the carbs off of!) and sprayed them with carb cleaner.I then reinstalled the carbs (took an hour to get he back on).I put new plugs in,poured a little gas in the cyliders.I gotit to fire and run two times doing this.Then the pull cord broke.So anyays i need some help on wha ti should do to this sled to get it fixed.I am not familar with Yamahas,just Polaris.One more thing how much you would you charge to do all the work needed?Trav

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump! Trav

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know how to remove the recoil on this sled? I want to get this thing running by Tuesday! Please help. Trav

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I fixed a friend's exciter. And yesterday I spent 9 hours doing what take 15 mins on my Polaris' on a pair of Phazers. Some little Yamaha idiot engineer decided that the air box should not be able to be taken off unless you take off that whole steering assembly and cowl. Did I do that? Heck no - pulled that thing out sideways. Anyways I feel your pain. Obviously these machines are put together with the engine in, then everything else goes on top of it. Just like a Japanese Import car.

When you said you "sprayed them with carb cleaner", did you break them down - taking all the jets out and floats off, etc. And clean all of the passageways? Those carbs need to be spotless.

As for the recoil, do what Bobinwi said. It's just a bunch of bolts on the side. But for the masterful piece of engineering you need to take the exhaust, oil bottle, and some other crap off.

Bryan

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When i sprayed the carbs i did not break them down.I was just trying to get the sled started.I am planning on taking them completely apart and cleaning them.As far as the recoil goes,i removed the exhaust and the cover for the recoil.It appears as though the water pump pulley is in front of the starter recoil though.Thats why i was wondering how i get it off.I can get i a pic of it if it would help. Trav

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
well u should break them down to get them started..a sled wont run without shiny carbs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts