Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i would like to ask my 340 enticer wont start.it pulls over but wont start is it my carbrator or is it my engine or fuel pump there is gas in the carbrator but i dont thin its getting to the engine. my spark plugs r sparking with the simple test but i unno why its not starting it sputters once in a blue moon but it wont start why..... anyone can answer me would help lots im a very newbie at this.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Take out the plugs, and dump a little mixed gas in the plug holes then put the plugs back in and try to start it. Make all the kill switches are in the on position. If it starts then your carb is out of tune or you’re not getting gas. To check the fuel pump unplug the fuel feed line to the carb then pull it over gas should come out of the line. Did you have the motor apart?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Originally posted by yamahacrazy
[br]Take out the plugs, and dump a little mixed gas in the plug holes then put the plugs back in and try to start it. Make all the kill switches are in the on position. If it starts then your carb is out of tune or you’re not getting gas. To check the fuel pump unplug the fuel feed line to the carb then pull it over gas should come out of the line. Did you have the motor apart?
beat me by 10 seconds..LOL[;)]

·
Registered
380 Posts
I know, that made me laugh

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so if i put a bit of gas in the engine in the plug holes it should at least sputter right well im gonna see if it works tommoro and see if it at least starts. and no i did not take apart my engine its old and all i wanna do is get it to start so i could run it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Oh ok I was thinking maby you took the motor apart cuz I did that to my enticer 300 and my fly wheel was off the timeing mark and it wouldn't even start and when i did get it to start it ran backwords

·
Registered
380 Posts
what he said

1 - 9 of 9 Posts