Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what an ordeal.. i hope i never have to do that again.. i thought it would be a pretty easy thing to take my steering post out of my edge sled... waaayyy wrong.. i figured i could take the airbox apart and take the carbs out and i would have enough room to get to the lower bracket that holds the post on.. well i ended up taking my motor out to get to all the bolts that i droped becuase there wasnt enough room to work. so we took a torch and bent it as straight as we could then put the motor back in and pluged everything back together and its better but i probably should have just bought a new one becuase im finatical about little things.. so maybe this will be a step towards enjoying what i have and not having to have everything be new or like new.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
well as long as you can ride thats all that matters..but i must say you should invest in one of those magnets that telescope probably would have saved you on the pulling the motor out to get the bolts..if i was you i would have bent the post to as straight as possible then put the torch on it so its all glowing red and then drop it in some oil thats how u make metal harder...jmo

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
underneath the motor is like a maze of holes that are almost impossible to get into, you can reach a little way in to a few of them but not enough to get stuff.

·
Registered
314 Posts
When I looked at mine, I said to myself "I dont wanna be changing mine anytime soon"[:D]

Was it bent right at the bottom of the shaft?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts