Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my sled and flames were shooting out the pipes.
Is this bad? My exhaust can is gutted. There was also a damn mouse nest in there because crap was flyin out. I got to admit though, it looked bad ass lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
I'm guessing that the nest light on fire and that's what was causing it, but that wud be bomb!
Maybe plug your exhaust when you store it to help keep mice out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I suppose that would cause it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,987 Posts
SXMTX said:
I started my sled and flames were shooting out the pipes.
Is this bad? My exhaust can is gutted. There was also a damn mouse nest in there because crap was flyin out. I got to admit though, it looked bad ass lol
And you didn't get video? I'm disappointed...

How long did it take to spit flames? was it as soon as you started it or after a while?

Had you fogged the motor?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Who needs LED's when you've got FIRE!
But seriously hopefully that was just the nest burning up and there wasn't any other damage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
SXMTX said:
I started my sled and flames were shooting out the pipes.
Is this bad? My exhaust can is gutted. There was also a damn mouse nest in there because crap was flyin out. I got to admit though, it looked bad ass lol
And you didn't get video? I'm disappointed...

How long did it take to spit flames? was it as soon as you started it or after a while?

Had you fogged the motor?
I wish I could have gotten a video but anyways it would spit flames when I let off the gas when the rpms were high.but it runs great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
Haha that's funny. I always stuff a rag or something in the end of my exhaust so that they don't get in. I had a similar situation, only potentially worse, i had a mouse living in my air intake housing and lived in there since the last oil and filter change, which was like 6 months ago. You'd think the garage would be enough for him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bames said:
Haha that's funny. I always stuff a rag or something in the end of my exhaust so that they don't get in. I had a similar situation, only potentially worse, i had a mouse living in my air intake housing and lived in there since the last oil and filter change, which was like 6 months ago. You'd think the garage would be enough for him.
exactly, I tell ya those rodents get into just about everything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,987 Posts
So you don't feed yer local stray cat? Pfffffffffffff...

I've fed 3 or 4 different cats that have lived in my barn, no mice problems in my barn for 10 years now... Gotta cost me a buck or two a year in cat food.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
i could also be your exhasut do-nuts? they are supposed to be done every 10 000km on most yamaha four strokes? my buddy had to do them on his apex, just throwing out other possible reasons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
So you don't feed yer local stray cat? Pfffffffffffff...

I've fed 3 or 4 different cats that have lived in my barn, no mice problems in my barn for 10 years now... Gotta cost me a buck or two a year in cat food.
If only my dog was more skillful, she has the determination, but i guess cats are better suited for that. Personal note- My dog has been sprayed by a skunk literally no less than ten times (we've perfected the desensitization process) but the last skunk didn't win, she finally killed one lol, hopefully they get the hint.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mxz440kid said:
i could also be your exhasut do-nuts? they are supposed to be done every 10 000km on most yamaha four strokes? my buddy had to do them on his apex, just throwing out other possible reasons.
sled had 989 miles so shouldn't be that but what are the do-nuts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
that would be a cool idea to put a flamethrower module on a sled. Especially cool on a Yami with the rear exits. Hell while you at it put a purge system coming out by the front suspention. Ive actually thought about the purge using CO2 on my next sled if I put a nitrous system on it. Wouldnt even be that hard to make your own. Its just a button and a solenoid. That would be sweet shit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
my friend had a very similar problem with his sled last season, a mouse found a way into his exhaust and died there.. and when we started runnin it huge smoke and the nastiest smell in the world, no fire thou. it eventually fell out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,951 Posts
my friends 84 srv would shoot flames alot. it had a dg pipe and can. anyone want that exhaust for a srv? its a parts sled now lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,850 Posts
This is the first thing I thought of when I read your topic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro4yhp9L6Ok

Hahaha
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top