Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 38mm Mikuni tm flat slides I would like to try on my 94 800 storm motor. Carbs are bored to 39.5mm . If there is anyone out there that has run the tm's on a storm any setup info to get me in the balpark would be great. I am sure it has been done befor. I am running PSI pipes, V Force reeds and the late cylinders trail ported by HTG. Maybe a set of UFO's would be a better bet?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the flat slides will help low speed driving and top end hp.

its just good old fashioned tuning. start at the midrange and work from there. you can do a lot of jetting on a warm up stand.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked up a set of flat slides that were supposed to be "set up" for a storm, but all the guy did was transfer the stock storm main jets and needles into the flat slide carbs wich is way wrong, and the round slide needles are so much shorter that they are out of the needle jets a wot. Opened to wot on the bench the needles will hang up and hold the slides wide open. So now I am stuck buying parts just to get back to the flatslides baseline, so it would be nice to find someone else who has done this to get me in the ballpark. I also have a very limited season here so getting close to start with means alot. With all the modified storms out there I am sure there is more than one with flatslides on it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Madcow, I was searching another site and found reference to you having a 800 storm with flat slides a few years ago?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts