Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to fix my 80 enticer 340. It keeps stalling on any kind of incline. I took the carb apart for the fourth time now and noticed the tang, that pushes onto the needle and seat(?), in the float bowl looks bent. It's the part that the float actually joins onto and goes up and down with the gas level. Not sure if I got the right name. Does anyone know what the stock float height is for this year? I guess I must have bent it during one of the other cleanings. I figure this must be causing the stalling when off level. Possible?? Thanks

·
Registered
985 Posts
absolutely, that could be your problem.
turn the carb upside down and adjust float so that with just its own weight pushing on the needle its parallel with the bottom of the carb. to adjust you just bend the little tab.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. I'll do that tonite and repost witht he results. The Enticer looks like a pile of junk but as long as I don't get stranded anymore I couldn't love it more! Now if we could only get some snow. The lawn is getting chewed up test driving this thing around on it:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts