Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AHHH! Where's the snow?we get a couple inches , it melts off, get a few more, it melts off.Dude, I think I might freak out.

Dude, don't freak out.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I'll be right there freaking out with you man

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Well we were riding until yesterday. Got rain yesterday afternoon and all night. Now we've got a NW wind and its suppose to be 10 below 0 tonight. Everything going to be rock solid. CRAP!!!

1997 XLT SP 600

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Tfin70:

Well we were riding until yesterday. Got rain yesterday afternoon and all night. Now we've got a NW wind and its suppose to be 10 below 0 tonight. Everything going to be rock solid. CRAP!!!

1997 XLT SP 600[/quote]
That sounds like the perfect recipe for wheeler riding.Last tear the snow got real hard like that so I got my Wolverine out and rode circles aroud the sleds.My friends were saying:"stop it, you look like your having too much fun!"All the drifts froze up to make awesome ramps and I could ride anywhere without breaking trrough the crust.I was hoping that would happen again this year, but no such luck so far.
We got a few inches of snow this morning, but it's supposed to be sunny the next few days, so it will probobly melt off(again!).

Dude, don't freak out.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah, I could get the wheeler out. Its just an old Honda 250 SX (3 wheeler of all things). Its still fun to blast around on. Not as fun as snowmobiling, but better than nothing. What a miserable winter so far!

1997 XLT SP 600

Edited by - Tfin70 on 11 Feb 2002 13:41:27

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i know how you feel, ive put only 300 or so, 120 of them i put on in late december in fairmont mn, and 180 in the ditches around here 2 weeks ago, it snowed here saturday night, and we were supposed to get 5-8 inches, but it was heavy wet snow, and the wind blew it all away. dammit, i just get the xtra 10 in, and cant test it the way i want to......this winter has been less than stellar!!!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i haven't rode much, since about two days after we get any snow it melts, but i have managed to put on a little over 800 anyway.

When in doubt- Throttle out!

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've got more on the trailer than I do my sled. I just hate this, almost wish I had gotten a Banshee instead of my sled. But if I did that there would be three feet on the ground and I would still be wanting to buy a sled. I guess I will have to get the Banshee and keep the sled to get the best of both worlds.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Yeah I think I am either going to buy a dirt bike or a wheeler, this snow situation sucks. My total miles for the year are 7, all of which were on the sides of roads around my house....no ditch riding, no trail riding, no nothing.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Not that this has anything to do w/ snow conditions, but.......I'm thinking of getting an on/off road bike this spring. Something I can ride to work, then on my way home, if I see a dirt road I want to rip down...away I go. Something like a 250 KLR. Road riding plus being able to ride w/my buddies who have 4 wheelers.

1997 XLT SP 600

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by intendedacceleration:

Yeah I think I am either going to buy a dirt bike or a wheeler, this snow situation sucks. My total miles for the year are 7, all of which were on the sides of roads around my house....no ditch riding, no trail riding, no nothing.

[/quote]
Yeah, that's exactly why I bought a good wheeler first, then a sled.Around here I can usually ride my Wolverine for 10 months out of the year.Of course, there's nothing quite as fun as snomobiling though.

Dude, don't freak out.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
i like riding 4wheelr in softer snow better than the hard ****, my 1988 honda 300 isnt the smoothest thing in the world, but its gotta work until we get snow. You have no idea how much funner it is to sled than 4wheeler in the winter, i really hate getting muddy in february...just doesnt go right...i love gettin muddy any other time, may, april, whenever....but feburary???

Ready to Ride...NEED SNOW!!!!!!...if you have snow, i hate you...

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Well, I'm not much for summer stuff, mostly cuz I'm always busy and never really got into it, although if I had a raptor or banshee or something, I'd probably enjoy riding wheeled off road things. Right now we have an Arctic Cat 250 4-wheeler. I use it to pull equipment around the yard. That's about it.

So this winter has just been horrible, today, February 13 (My birthday) I was hauling grain, and it got warm enough that we could barely drive the trucks down a dirt road. I got mud all over the tractor when driving it home, and everything is just a mess. I cannot ever remember such a bad winter.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah man this winter really blows, I don't know whats up. Not sure about you guys in the upper mid west, but here in maine we had a killer winter last year. Like the ones we had when I was a kid, not so this year.

Global warming.......who knows. Hopefully next winter will rediem itself. Oh, and Happy Birthday P-man.

1997 XLT SP 600

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sh*t, I could be kayaking down the river every day.February my ass!

Dude, don't freak out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts