Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
97 indy 500 liquid, runs great, but when I leave it sit over night without shutting the gas valve off it floods and is very hard to start the next day. Any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Sounds like your needles and seats are leaking in the carbs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
clean out carbs. Most likely you havent cleaned them yet this year and they are gummed up and letting gas pour in, due to floats being stuck. Check float levels ect..

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
carbs, needles and seats will do that. clean it up before it gets to bad or your crank to the top of the jugs will be full.

·
Registered
502 Posts
fuel pump inner diaphragm probably has a rip or pinhole in it.. it's probably not the needle & seat in the carburetor because when i disconnect the fuel lines from my carburetors, even with a full tank of gas, with the engine off, there is nothing coming out of the lines unless i pull the motor over..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just did needles and seats in mine and it fixed the prob, not as severe as yours but it still flooded. If you take the carbs to your dealer he can pressure test the needles. They should leak down no more than 1 psi per min. Mine were quite bad. Your pump should put out 2lbs at idle and about 6 at full speed, mine would not even hold 4lbs for 10 sec.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
The needles and seats are a more common problem than the fuel pump. I would start with them first. When you get the new ones, get the viton tipped ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts