Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a formula with low miles and great shape. It runs dandy but has a real problem starting cold and I don't have the book yet to check it out. Whats the starting procedure ? I am more familiar with a choke or EFI than a primer. In order to get this going I had to hold it completely wide open and spray some gas mix down the intake then tease it to keep it from stalling. After that it's smooth as silk. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I take it it's a primer? well first thing probably need to take the carbs off and give them a good cleaning ,maybe even need the needles and seats replaced, usually 2-3 pumps on the primer and there off and running ,,have seen bad primers that suck gas threw them while running

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem getting the carbs done, I have lots of time. My daughter piled it into a tree this morning and now I have some body work to do. Busted the underside, the windshield, cracked the cowl and bent all the framage up and the hinges to boot. Nice Job and only a couple hours since we bought it. Glad I know how to do body work. Like I said, plenty of time to get the carbs done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts