Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 98 700xc it is getting fuel into crankcase and shutting down the fuel pump. it will run for a couple minutes the die. i have drained crankcase and got the same result. what would cause fuel to get into the case? What is the best wat to check floats to make sure they are ok? How can you tell if the needle is seating properly? If I have a reed not closing properly what kind of problems will that cause?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
well pull the carbs take them apart and clean them ,while you have them apart ,attach a piece of hose to the fuel inlet ,then blow on it ,this is how i check my needles and seats and has never failed me ,if you feel the pressure relieving itself they are usually bad,another thing to look at is the fuel pump ,take the hose off going to the crankcase and turn the gas on and see if gas runs out the impulse hose if it does fuel pump is no good

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the fuel pump is working correctly until the case floods it out? i tipped the carb upside down and blew into it and it was sealed right side up i could blow cleanly thru the carb. so i assume that proves the float and float needle are ok?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
well still sounds like they might be bad ,or you're chokes are sticking and not fully seating

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for your suggestions i will give them a try when i get time to work on it some more and i will update what i find out. i think you are on target with the choke cable wasnt real tight when i unhooked carbs and i think it not adjusted correctly to seat all the way down when off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the choke was out of adjustment properly adjusted everything changed fuel filter and blew air into tank to knock anything loose that might be cloggin line and my sled is running good now..thanks for the input

1 - 6 of 6 Posts