Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a 1992 ski doo 583 rotax motor. I just cleaned the carbs because the sled was brought to me from a long stay on a farm. The carbs were nicely tarnished. So I cleaned then carbs thoroughly and reassembled the sled. I started ii and it ran and idled great. After I shut it down I tried restarting it and she was flooded, finally got the old dog going and noticed that gas was spewing out of the PTO side carb overflow tubes at a constant rate. Checked floats, they are freely moving and assembled correctly so I was wondering what I might be missing other than starting over and going through them again?

· Registered
38 Posts
Did you replace the needles and seats or just clean them? If the needles are the viton tipped style they can be junk after awhile. If you didn't replace them try that first. You can't buy just the needles, you will have to buy the needle/seat set.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scootertrash said:
Did you replace the needles and seats or just clean them? If the needles are the viton tipped style they can be junk after awhile. If you didn't replace them try that first. You can't buy just the needles, you will have to buy the needle/seat set.
By viton tipped are they rubber like, because that is how these are.

· Registered
242 Posts
Yeah, viton is a type of rubber commonly used in o-rings and some gaskets. So if they have rubber tips then they are the viton tipped needles.
Ryan9841 said:
Scootertrash said:
By viton tipped are they rubber like, because that is how these are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.