Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an older sled 72 with a tillotson hd carb and all of a sudden after flushing out gas tank and changing fuel lines the thing seems to be running to rich,smoking like crazy and wont stay ideling,and bogs when given throttle,it's even spitting gas out the carb,took the carb apart and cleaned it out oil gas mix is ok,would the impulse line have anything to do with it.also is there supposed to be any fuel in that line or does it stay dry? thanks mike

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
the impulse line should be dry at all times. sounds like the needle and seat is shot and your crankcase is starting to fill up with gas. check those things out and let us know.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
LOL I know im a little slow, but I just noticed yor little message at the bottom of your post bobby. For some reason that really strikes me funny.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes, I would change the needle and seat. I helped my friend rebuild his carb on his '72 ski doo olympic 335. It was also spitting gas out of the intake on the carb and flooding out. Once we did that, it was fine.

I also found this website that shows how to rebuild a tillitson carb. Just go towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.aerocorsair.com/id27.htm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
found the problem,it was a few things.i rebuilt the carb and we got it to idle but it was still smoking like crazy then i noticed fuel running up the primer line so i disconnected the line,it ran fine but the idle was way up so i brought that down and now it runs great.it was inherited from my father inlaw that gust passed away.it's a 72 skiruel 440 rtx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts