Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a pilot jet that is too big make a skidoo rotary valve engine flood easily when trying to start it. If it doesn't start on the second pull it's hopelessly flooded. I only give it two primes. Would leaky needles and seats do this? This machine seems hopeless.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Try shutting off the gas after you ride. If it starts easier when you do that, then its the needles and seats.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got the same problem with my 92 mach 1. So far i've changed the seats and needles, 30$ each, it didn't make a difference, primer, made a small diff, the seal was letting the carbs take in some extra fuel, plugs, carbs have been apart several times, oil is set up right, raves are good. i've spent about two fifty in this motor and the problem hasen't changed, mine will do the same as yours but once it is running it floods at idle. We're giving up and taking it to someone who knows these really well. i'll tell you what it is when i figure it out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I really don't like those chokeless Ski-Doos. I usually primed it once then pulled the primer out to the ready position and shortly after it started I would give it half a shot then a little later the rest of the primer stroke. Then I would pull it out again so it was always ready to give it another little shot. If i got it warmed up and the primer was in the extended position I would push it in when I gave it some throttle to take off.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
my dads sled is kinda the same...it'll start fine but it will foul plugs easily until its warmed up, if you make it past warm up w/o fouling its good to go forever. Whats the deal here? And the choke gets turned off right away too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts