Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about it the other day... what if i made a custom exahust for my sled... one pipe off the tuned pipe, then into a dual out 80 series muffler, mounted to the underside of the bulkhead. Now i know that there are flaws with it all, i mean the muffler would need a shield to keep the snow moving under the sled, and the possibility of damage would be HUGE, not to mention the dual pipes on the underside of the running boards. I am aware of the noise laws also, this would be a "race" style set up and just to see if it could be done. What are your opinions on this? what do you think it would sound like... louder, quieter? better performance? worse?

·
Registered
86 Posts
LOL NICE proxj! i made a pipe for a indy 600 indy triple and the outcome was way good but then we bought a cpi can and it did help a little but give it a shot let us know

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm thinking that SOMEONE really needs some snow. Can't imagine that it would sound good at all. Have you ever heard Flows on a V6? There used to be a guy in my neighborhood had some series or another on his Dakota, that was MAJORLY annoying. . . .

·
Super Moderator
11,283 Posts
If you like adding weight to your sled go for it. I dont think you will get the 60s muscle car sound flowmaster claims,lol.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Originally posted by TommyBoy68
[br]I'm thinking that SOMEONE really needs some snow. Can't imagine that it would sound good at all. Have you ever heard Flows on a V6? There used to be a guy in my neighborhood had some series or another on his Dakota, that was MAJORLY annoying. . . .
All V6s sound like pissed off washing machines anyways.
As for the sled, go to the store and get some 1 1/4 EMT and make your duel pipes without a muffler. Flowmasters not only cost $75+ but like said its heavy.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well to clairfy i am a Ruff neck, not a hillbilly, and true i doubt it would have a sweet chevy like lope to it, but i figured what the hell. I would have to agree, if we had some darn snow, i wouldn't be worried about all this. so thanks fellas

·
Registered
349 Posts
Originally posted by Boss302man
[br] All V6s sound like pissed off washing machines anyways.
I wouldn't go that far. I'll agree most do sound that way. But I have heard some mean V6 engines in my days. Just about any Buick GNX with a performance exhaust comes to mind. [:D]

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I think instead of wasting the time and money, you just make 2 pipes that come straight out of the engine and up through the center of the cowl.[:p]

JK that would be way too loud [:D]

·
Registered
764 Posts
All V6s sound like pissed off washing machines anyways.

So does my dodge V10, well i've always heard bumble bees, but i like the washing machine too

·
Registered
764 Posts
hmm ya is this a joke?? First of all the sled would probly not run properly because it would have the correct back preasure. Pipes are made specifiacally for a sled to maintain back preasure to the engine, having one long pipe going to the back of the sled is gonna make u loose that. Just a stupid idea.... and by the time your done it woulda been cheaper going on ebay and finding some used pipes for hafl the price.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Ya, you do need more snow.

If you do this, you will certainly gain weight and most likely lose power.
If you do this anyway for the fun of it, be careful to not melt down your motor as pipes have a direct bearing on the jetting that you need to run.

IF I were to try something like this,
I guess I'd have to look at running the sled pipe and replacing the can with a short Cherry Bomb glass pack or something similar.
But then that little voice inside asks WHY?

More snow should help this out of your head. lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts