Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '06 AC M7 EFI and I was wondering if it's helpful at all to change my clutch weights from 68 grams to 75. I've heard that people burn out motors running the lighter weights at relatively lower altitudes. I live in an area with an average altitude of about 2800' and wasn't sure if that was just bull#!% [B)]!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
you will need to reclutch for a lower altitude. there should be a spec sheet with the sled that has factory recomendations.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the sled used and I never received any of the original manuals or any other paperwork. Is there somewhere on the internet i could find a spec. sheet or a parts manual, that would be especially handy. Call me cheap but I've got the tools so everything is DIY!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
you should be able to pick up the paper work from any dealer. is there a sticker on the air box or under the hood?

·
Registered
295 Posts
you will need heavier weights in the primary the lower you get with elevation. you will need lighter weights in the primary the higher you go in elevation.your engine loses power the higher you go in elevation. therefore you have to compensate by lighter ramps to keep up rpm. keep in mind the ambient temperature. this will demand you make a clutching change.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys, i managed to change my weights and its made a decent low end difference. But as the temp. climbs how big of an adjustment would i have to make? I'm gettin' used to the power and i'm thinking of going to B.C.'s Rocky Mountains, where i know it will be atleast 10'C(approx.28'F) warmer. I hope I'll be fine with the 63g's again! -Happy trails(or maybe steep'n'deep!)!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P.S.- An owner's manual from a dealership is worth about $$129$$ cdn. . Thats f#<&!%@ rediculous!! I'm gonna have to start sellin' big boy toys!

·
Registered
295 Posts
no doubt, that does sound expensive. why is the things we need always that way?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts