579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who believes fogging is good or needed?
I fogged my sleds last year and all it has done is F up the sleds
The engine ceezed

·
Super Moderator
11,678 Posts
I have yet to fog my ZR, but I DO fog my F3. The reason is this: I start my ZR periodically in the summer as I'm often working it. My F3 see's no attention, so I fog it for the reasons everyone says. I feel it does no harm.

At any rate, do you have any proof that the fogging oil is, in fact, the reason for the motor seizing?

·
Registered
140 Posts
yeah fogging is alright im not quite sure thats why your engine seized either there are a lot of other things that could've influenced it. at least it happened at a good time and in sunderland not on a trip in north bay or sudbury

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Fogging oil prevents rusting in the engine, hence prevents siezing.

As far as me believing it is good or needed.

Is it good, yeah probably on something that is going to sit for long periods of time.

Needed, no. Sleds have been around alot longer then fogging oil and I can gurantee that every engine did not need to be rebuilt every season.

Case in point - Uncles '97 Ultra. It sat for 2 years due to lack of snow and problems with it running, got it running this year. Put on about 60 miles pulled the heads off and the cylinder walls were nice and shiny.

·
Registered
636 Posts
We have never fogged any of our sleds. They never get started in the summer either. I can't see it hurting much. We also only have to rebuild bout once every 3 years if that. We put around 1700-2000 miles a season.

·
Registered
901 Posts
never fog my sleds befor and never will. im always out working on them so i start them once or twice a week sometimes more depending what im doing.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
never fogged the sleds, but always fog the quads and boats. instead of fogging the sleds we just start them one every 2 or so weeks and let em run for a while. seems to work for us

1 - 9 of 9 Posts